Singapore is really desperate for tourist?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither is London Eye original concept.

Neither is Sydney Opera House an original concept.

;)

There were lots of permanent observation (or ferris) wheels before, and theatres that were landmarks. London and Sydney were not the first ones, they copied from others, too. ;)

OVER THE PAST FORTY YEARS, EXPLORERS HAVE PUT MEN ON THE MOON, SPACE STATIONS INTO ORBIT, AND PROBES ON THE PLANETS AND BEYOND. NOW, IN A NEW MILLENNIUM, THE ERA OF COMMERCIAL SPACE TRANSPORTATION IS HERE AND A NEXT GENERATION OF COMMERCIAL SPACE VEHICLES IS BEING BUILT … THIS TIME WITH THE CLIENT IN MIND.

THESE DEVELOPMENTS CREATE A UNIQUE, PROFITABLE, SYNERGISTIC, AND PRESTIGIOUS OPPORTUNITY FOR SINGAPORE

-------

What the hell is synergistic?
no wonder people complain about singapore english standards going down

We better be desperate for tourists.
It is a BIG earner.
After some idiot let land and property prices rise in late 1986, Singapore is no longer competitive.
Factories, manufacturers, etc....have relocated to other countries.
We are bleeding. Have been bleeding for many years.
Many have lost jobs.

Look and learn from Thailand, the tourism heaven.

Not inspired by the "me too" copies of big ferris wheels, etc...
Nor the lousy So Expensive Nothing TO See Actually artificial "attractions"

First of all, cure our lack of sufficient taxis if you want tourism to improve.
I have actually seen a tourist curse Singapore loudly during Chinese New Year because he waited so long for a taxi and there was none.

hwchoy said:
erm… what's wrong with "synergistic"? :think:

kind of like "knowledge based economy"
it's a totally meaningless word coined up by PR goondus who still don't understand what it means
say whaat??
how does that word apply to what they're promoting?

I'm not sure who coined the word, but it is in the dictionary.

anyway the way I understand it, the development has synergies in the areas of tourism, aerospace and perhaps some other things
Yellow!%20giggle.gif

Recently, I read about Sentosa - lots of construction work being carried out to try to revive it. Dunno how would that work? Underwater world? Is it worth the whopping 19 bucks entrance?

IMO, JBP, Zoo and the Nite Safari are the 3 time-tested attractions that have remained relevant and unique.

Another thing is FOOD - if we work on it, this is also something exotic and unique here. The satay club comes to mind - I missed that too - remember the genuine satay man in songkok and sarong? I think our food is worth promoting......:thumbsup:

i'm really starting to wonder if i hate singapore. maybe not hate, but just dislike. or just don't like it at all. though i'm singaporean born and bred here. yes i know, we're clean, the government is good, there're no natural disasters.

singapore is just so... sterile. read this guy's journal on his visit to sg.

I’m struck with a small epiphany. The distinction between Singapore and its airport is a minor one. The entire country feels like one very large departure lounge; spotlessly clean, no distinct smells, climate-controlled, no one is poor, lots of shopping, no real culture, pleasant enough for the moment, but not a place you want to stay very long.

from wherethehellismatt.com.

i dunno what tourists see in sg. the above epitomises what i feel about sg i guess.

schon, don't wonder any more. find a place you think you'd like. move there and get a job and live. who knows it might be the right place for you. And I don't say this in sarcasm, everyone has a place, you maybe born in the wrong one. many people accept where they are born and grow to like it, some don't. As you go off, some other people born elsewhere, thinking just as you did, will move here and stay. they might like it too.

so go, you'll never find out until you try.

OVER THE PAST FORTY YEARS, EXPLORERS HAVE PUT MEN ON THE MOON,...
highly debatable... why is it that is was first visited almost half a century ago and a 2nd trip was never made again.

hwchoy said:
schon, don't wonder any more. find a place you think you'd like. move there and get a job and live. who knows it might be the right place for you. And I don't say this in sarcasm, everyone has a place, you maybe born in the wrong one. many people accept where they are born and grow to like it, some don't. As you go off, some other people born elsewhere, thinking just as you did, will move here and stay. they might like it too.

yeah i've been wondering what to do with my future. currently i don't have the capital and ability do such a thing. but ya. i probably will. pity how now my job is to defend this land. well i will cuz this is where i grew up in.

schon said:
i'm really starting to wonder if i hate singapore. maybe not hate, but just dislike. or just don't like it at all. though i'm singaporean born and bred here. yes i know, we're clean, the government is good, there're no natural disasters.

singapore is just so... sterile. read this guy's journal on his visit to sg.

I’m struck with a small epiphany. The distinction between Singapore and its airport is a minor one. The entire country feels like one very large departure lounge; spotlessly clean, no distinct smells, climate-controlled, no one is poor, lots of shopping, no real culture, pleasant enough for the moment, but not a place you want to stay very long.

from wherethehellismatt.com.

i dunno what tourists see in sg. the above epitomises what i feel about sg i guess.

Go off the beaten track, stay away from the usual tourism areas.

Huh?? Really meh? I thought 'gahmen' say economy going up? :dunno:

Aiyah... world cup... world cup...hehe sorry for the OT...

hwchoy said:

hmm......dont know abt others, but for me, the more i travel, the more i found SG to be the best place to stay in. Other countries may seem much better than sg when u r a tourist. But if u stay a little longer, reality sets in n I realli long for the sterile(?? realli? i find sg to have quite an interesting nite life) n efficient sg.

mercurial_streak said:
hmm......dont know abt others, but for me, the more i travel, the more i found SG to be the best place to stay in. Other countries may seem much better than sg when u r a tourist. But if u stay a little longer, reality sets in n I realli long for the sterile(?? realli? i find sg to have quite an interesting nite life) n efficient sg.
Not taking the weather into account, it's 1 of the best place.
Taking the weather into account, it's 1 of the worst place.

But it's nice to hop out from here once in a while; it's getting too hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.