Singapore Fireworks Festival 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
For 8th of August Fireworks display at 2030, Singapore Team. Expecting Singapore Team to perform.. X our fingers.. :sweatsm:

Some external information:
"One of Mr Tan's special displays during the festival would launch fireworks from land into sea, with each shell exploding on the water surface."

Quoted from
http://www.todayonline.com/articles/21578print.asp

Hope the above information is as accurate as the actual day, if not alot of fotographers will include too much sea water ..

not sure if you guys share the same feeling as me:

after watching the esplanade opening ceremony firework few years ago, all firework looks medicore now :(

It was disappointing to say the least. If you read the report in Today, I think they must have seen a different show... :confused:

Phildate said:
It was disappointing to say the least. If you read the report in Today, I think they must have seen a different show... :confused:

saw in one paper, they had half the back of someone's head in the fireworks shot...

skyflash said:
Will that be similar to the CNY firework? There are some which are launched towards the crowd over the water .... for a moment, we thought the launcher has misaligned. :)

not too sure abt that...
but then no qualms over the fireworks...at least we get to see 5 fireworks display in the month of August.... ;) .No fish , shrimps also good :bsmilie:

It was great that the rain waited till after the display was over.. Had a good breese too to clear the smoke a bit.

Can someone tell me how to go to the Benjamin Sheares bridge?
Do I take the bus until the Marina Center terminal?

there is another way up.. go to marina bay and take bus 400 to marina city park.. then walk towards suntec direction there is stairs to get up too that is if u wish to go at the other end of bridge that is further down away facing from esplanade and marina sq. but beware of the stairs.. its not in gd condition at the 1st few steps from the direction up.

actually i discover by luck haha.. i didnt know how to get up the bridge and i am alone so heck and go try marina city park where it is nearer to firing gnd and thinking of a place away from the bridge but still end up on the bridge lolzzz :bsmilie:

2100 said:
Is it just me or do you guys find the fireworks a bit average only? I was pretty disappointed as i thought it gonna be special as it's a festival and the team is USA, only some of the high level ones were nice. Else those green, red, purple ones, red/golden flare types....i was letting those off in Indo and China (not cheap though). :bsmilie:

I shouldn't have gone to the Esplande opening one! :bsmilie:
Think i will sit at home for the next 2.
hmm if u see their webbie, most of their works are empahizing huge ones and multi-colors :) haiz i never see the esplanade one.. else i can understand why u all a bit disappointed liao.. hmm but i had seen the NDP preview more than just colors.. got shapes hee cool! heart and star shape :)

Thanks for the direction, skyflash and starry... :)

Annery said:
Thanks for the direction, skyflash and starry... :)
welcomed :) u can follow them for the outing if u wish :) just view the previous replies for person to ask ;)

es0teric said:
Sigh...guess no one want to go together.

hi, i am interested to go.. cos hope to have a chance to learn how to take firework photo.. may be you can be my teacher.. ;p

I've like to join in for the 8th shoot. is there anyone organising? do gimme a buzz at 97625458 regarding time/place to meet. hope to learn from you guys!

cheers
jon

jimtong said:
not sure if you guys share the same feeling as me:

after watching the esplanade opening ceremony firework few years ago, all firework looks medicore now :(

AGREE!!

How often we see the durain on "fire"

Wai said:
AGREE!!

How often we see the durain on "fire"

on fire? wow, any idea if there were posts with pix?

i caught the sff display on the 1st aug, i tot it was pretty good... except that i was too close to the action, lens wasn't wide enough to get good pix.

Status
Not open for further replies.