Singapore Fireworks Festival 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi.... me going out now to recce the marina and esplanade area..... den book place.... anyone wanna join me???? can contact me at 90700612....

how u all going to benjamin sheares bridge, how to on there? :think:

tonite oso got right ? u guys confirm meeting le ? can repost meeting venue, meeting time ? and place to go ? i just wanna try out my camera's and my skill on night photography.

Hi everbody, anyone going for the fireworks tonite?

1) dkw (8th-prob, 15th)
2) Panda (1st, 8th, 15th)
3) Luval (1st and prob 8th)
4) Khoo (1st Aug.)
5) bigfatfish ( 1,8,15)
6) es0teric (8, 15)
7) snowspeeder (1, 15)
8)Polo_pro(8th Aug)
9) djchris (1st, 8th, 15th)
10)CelticSoul (1st, 8th, 15th)
11)jnet6 (1st,8th/15th comfirm later...)
12)justdoit(1st,15th)

sorry, me optig out ... see you guys' photos tonight.. :)

beivied said:
1) dkw (8th-prob, 15th)
2) Panda (1st, 8th, 15th)
3) Luval (1st and prob 8th)
4) Khoo (1st Aug.)
5) bigfatfish ( 1,8,15)
6) es0teric (8, 15)
7) snowspeeder (1, 15)
8)Polo_pro(8th Aug)
9) djchris (1st, 8th, 15th)
10)CelticSoul (1st, 8th, 15th)
11)jnet6 (1st,8th/15th comfirm later...)
12)justdoit(1st,15th)
13) noVIce (1st, 8th, 15th)

See you guys at Esplanade.

pouring in many parts of singapore now...
wonder if later will rain at marina area anot...
weather haven been good these few days...

Any bros out there at Marina bay or near the vincinity, know how's the weather there? Is it raining? is it worth a trip down for phototaking.

the wind direction tonite was a real spoiler for shooting from marina promenade. ;(

I think the shots I took tonight will turn out to be flops...:( I am quite sure my composition sucks.

Too close to marina fire works. Everyone was pointed towards the one fullerton at the carnival side, thot the boats were part of it. Took me a when to recompose and lost precious time.Then found out I was too either close of taking pics of branches above. Sigh, disaster. Think taking at fullerton will have a better view. unable to get any building though.

strider said:
Too close to marina fire works. Everyone was pointed towards the one fullerton at the carnival side, thot the boats were part of it. Took me a when to recompose and lost precious time.Then found out I was too either close of taking pics of branches above. Sigh, disaster. Think taking at fullerton will have a better view. unable to get any building though.

Where were you?
I think I should have changed to portrait, but continued using landscape as I didn't want to miss the fireworks.... some of the fireworks a bit too high.....

I was along the beach. So close that the concussion waves blew sand at us.. Doing PS now, alot of leaves. later gave up tripod and depended on my VR.

nice 1 but too bad the weather didn't help everyone..
but overall it was acceptable view.... from pier..

Is it just me or do you guys find the fireworks a bit average only? I was pretty disappointed as i thought it gonna be special as it's a festival and the team is USA, only some of the high level ones were nice. Else those green, red, purple ones, red/golden flare types....i was letting those off in Indo and China (not cheap though). :bsmilie:

I shouldn't have gone to the Esplande opening one! :bsmilie:
Think i will sit at home for the next 2.

Agree with u 2100 i tot it's gonna be sepical but find the fireworks too simple and feling kinda disappointed esp the team from USA...

DSC_0008copy.jpg

most of my shots are very bad i find that there are too much smoke that ruin the composition. expect the above one that are acceptable if dun 'Hiam' too much... but still very bad.

Silverelf said:
Where were you?
I think I should have changed to portrait, but continued using landscape as I didn't want to miss the fireworks.... some of the fireworks a bit too high.....
Same here, was initially set at landscape orientation, din have time to switch to portrait mode as things were happening too fast too furious. Some of the shells were damn freakin' high up! Higher than Swissotel Stamford methinks... :what:

It wasn't a very good shoot for me too. Crappy weather, had to abandon position...later went back, all spots taken liao, had to settle for less than ideal position. Too near the launching site too.

Oh well hope for better luck (and weather) for next two occasions!

Yeap heard the fireworks were so so, and only lasted 5 minutes, not 15 minutes llike the news said.

Status
Not open for further replies.