DSC_1347copy.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_1341C.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_1357_filtered.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_1353_filteredcopy.jpg
[/IMG]

i think the first one is really fantastic...
erm...what were ur settings?

DSC_1359.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_1355_filtered.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_1360_filteredcopy.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_1361_filtered.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi, dun mind my critique. I think your #1 is a total failure, it is totally washed out. just my own opinion.

The rest seems ok.

#4 and #2 are good but you need to control your exposure, not too long. anything more than 4 sec on F11 will lead you to over-exposed based on my own experience.

keep shooting.. more to come. :)

jimtong said:
Hi, dun mind my critique. I think your #1 is a total failure, it is totally washed out. just my own opinion.

The rest seems ok.

#4 and #2 are good but you need to control your exposure, not too long. anything more than 4 sec on F11 will lead you to over-exposed based on my own experience.

keep shooting.. more to come. :)

Hi, Jimtong

Thanks for you fantastic remarks. I have a great deal to learn from you

jimtong said:

So what's about F8? How long should it be?

noVIce said:

It depends on your ISO setting as well. For ISO 100, 4-6secs on F8 is ok. Sometimes you might want to keep the exposure time longer to capture more bursts so that the composition is better.

noVIce said:

you have to experiment yourself, there is no wrong or rite setting.

I used F11 most of the time with iso 100 if the firework is very close to you. For F8, you might want to try say 2 seconds? since it is a 1 stop diff. try it out this weekend... sunday and monday (NDP).

jimtong said:
you have to experiment yourself, there is no wrong or rite setting

I couldn't agree more - too many questions asking what is the right setting. There is no right setting - it depends on where you are, how intense the fireworks are, what you are trying to achieve...

You cannot rely on any particular set of numbers. I was shooting at f8 but with the fireworks being set off so quickly I realised that I needed f11 or f16 so had to change. Don't get stuck with some magic formula, it doesn't exist.

Phildate said:
I couldn't agree more - too many questions asking what is the right setting. There is no right setting - it depends on where you are, how intense the fireworks are, what you are trying to achieve...

You cannot rely on any particular set of numbers. I was shooting at f8 but with the fireworks being set off so quickly I realised that I needed f11 or f16 so had to change. Don't get stuck with some magic formula, it doesn't exist.

Agree with phildate :thumbsup: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.