Sembawang
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
i think the first one is really fantastic...
erm...what were ur settings?

wykhoo

Mar 31, 2004
Sembawang
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

jimtong

May 8, 2002
Singapore
jimmyto.ng
Hi, dun mind my critique. I think your #1 is a total failure, it is totally washed out. just my own opinion.

The rest seems ok.

#4 and #2 are good but you need to control your exposure, not too long. anything more than 4 sec on F11 will lead you to over-exposed based on my own experience.

keep shooting.. more to come. :)

wykhoo

Mar 31, 2004
Sembawang
jimtong said:
Hi, dun mind my critique. I think your #1 is a total failure, it is totally washed out. just my own opinion.

The rest seems ok.

#4 and #2 are good but you need to control your exposure, not too long. anything more than 4 sec on F11 will lead you to over-exposed based on my own experience.

keep shooting.. more to come. :)
Hi, Jimtong

Thanks for you fantastic remarks. I have a great deal to learn from you

noVIce

Jan 27, 2004
jimtong said:
So what's about F8? How long should it be?

Yildun

Aug 2, 2004
Singapore, Central
noVIce said:
It depends on your ISO setting as well. For ISO 100, 4-6secs on F8 is ok. Sometimes you might want to keep the exposure time longer to capture more bursts so that the composition is better.

jimtong

May 8, 2002
Singapore
jimmyto.ng
noVIce said:
you have to experiment yourself, there is no wrong or rite setting.

I used F11 most of the time with iso 100 if the firework is very close to you. For F8, you might want to try say 2 seconds? since it is a 1 stop diff. try it out this weekend... sunday and monday (NDP).

P

Phildate

jimtong said:
you have to experiment yourself, there is no wrong or rite setting
I couldn't agree more - too many questions asking what is the right setting. There is no right setting - it depends on where you are, how intense the fireworks are, what you are trying to achieve...

You cannot rely on any particular set of numbers. I was shooting at f8 but with the fireworks being set off so quickly I realised that I needed f11 or f16 so had to change. Don't get stuck with some magic formula, it doesn't exist.

wykhoo

Mar 31, 2004
Sembawang
Phildate said:
I couldn't agree more - too many questions asking what is the right setting. There is no right setting - it depends on where you are, how intense the fireworks are, what you are trying to achieve...

You cannot rely on any particular set of numbers. I was shooting at f8 but with the fireworks being set off so quickly I realised that I needed f11 or f16 so had to change. Don't get stuck with some magic formula, it doesn't exist.

Agree with phildate :thumbsup: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.