Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went there today.

In fact, I rather pity those who paid for the event, and were expecting to see fantastic views - as the fireworks came and gone, the entire cloud of smoke went right INTO their faces.

This was especially so when the fireworks were launched from the stage itself, and with the wind direction going towards their faces..

Yup, the wind was quite big just now, errmm, not that fantastic except a few shots. Manage to take a few clean shots only (1st few after it started), then getting smoky...affect my whole view.. hopefully weather will be fine tomorrow...

Those on the right side would have gotten the worst of the smoke. THe center and left sides seemed pretty clear.. It was a fun experience if you were just there to watch.. Although the human ob was NOT something i liked =p

Hi,
I would like to know where is the best location for this SFF photoshooting tonight ?

Thanks

I didn't go yesterday but just now i saw the news from Channelnewsasia and it's very crowded!

Went up the bridge. Set up tripod and before i can even take our camera from bag, mata come and say bridge close. Cont all the way to end of bridge, walk down the stairs, bash thru the construction site and shoot from below the bridge. Not a very good spot coz abit too near to launch pad but at least get to shoot some smoke. :bsmilie:

Bridge may be close tomorrow night as well so do take note. :dunno:

hi...can go into the construction site meh?? or on the ledge next to the water (precarious!) can show any pix etc?

Am really curious why sheares is closed...soo many fireworks before...the ones at the stage shouldn't be near enough to the bridge... damn it..was planning sheares for tonight, think have to go marina east..

Odd.. i thought the bridge was damn crowded. Which bridge are you talking about?

In any case, if you can figure out where the wind is coming from, the best place to shoot would be with your back to it.

Shears bridge. Police chase everyone out of the bridge bout an hour before the firework commence.

Wind is blowing inland direction lastnite so still quite all right.

hi...can go into the construction site meh?? or on the ledge next to the water (precarious!) can show any pix etc?

Am really curious why sheares is closed...soo many fireworks before...the ones at the stage shouldn't be near enough to the bridge... damn it..was planning sheares for tonight, think have to go marina east..

I ask the police whether can walk down the stairs from the other end he said ok. While inside the construction site, a well dress and spoken gentlemen (probably a site manager) join in the photo shooting and even chit chat with me... so i guess it's all right bah... :)

Maybe you can set out earlier and recce the place for a good spot... or try using Google earth for some tips. :)

Hi guys how was it last night.. i'm going to maybank buliding to shoot tonight.. i'll be at 17 floor.. will there be any different? this is my first time shooting... how to get some nice ones to post..

I didn't go yesterday but just now i saw the news from Channelnewsasia and it's very crowded!
Is there a fireworks in Singapore that nv draw any crowd? :think::bsmilie:

marina east,bo lang and plenty of spaces

Hi guys how was it last night.. i'm going to maybank buliding to shoot tonight.. i'll be at 17 floor.. will there be any different? this is my first time shooting... how to get some nice ones to post..

take me with you , i teach you everything :)

if rain stop, ppl will still come out...=P

The crowd wasn't as bad as compared to this year's one. Unless u're taking it for the 1st time this year.

actually i think otherwise... ytd i reach at 7+ with my friend and there still plenty of space at the esplanade bridge. but then, it was a friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.