Singapore 1st Strobist Outing/Meetup

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the main bus interchange is the last stop using the monorail if not mistaken.

Actually, is the bus stop the one just beside the Seah Im food centre?

please save my number just in case you are lost!

Please meet at Sentosa Island itself. Main bus interchange

It is the place where you drop of the island bus if you aRE going into sentosa taking the bus from seah im interchange!

PLEASE SMS ME FOR DIRECTIONS

If you are really lost we will be at pahlawan beach moving to location at 4pm

Meet at 7-11! 3PM!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Special thanks to Farisrxz for taking the initiative and effort for organising this outing. :thumbsup:.

Although the turn up was not as many people as expected, but for those who attended enjoyed the fun and knowledge gained during the outing.

The outing was split to learning and shooting groups for start. The learning group is for strobist beginners to understand the basics of strobing. As the shooting group is to shoot the models with creative lightings.

For those who attended the learning group. They were being taught about the basics of triggering flashes and strobe. Special thanks to Christopher (CS Nick: Dream Merchant Aka Lao Jiao:bsmilie:) for sharing the basics in the opening. BTW, this is the website which I mentioned during the knowledge sharing session.

SnapFactory

Also a teaching video on clearer explanation on the sync speed.

[vid]gXVdNwsNJiI[/vid]

Let's hope there will be a next Strobist outing in the near future. :)

Pai Seh, my battery went flat during the trial shoot using PW at longer distance. :embrass:

Hmmm i was totally unaware of the meeting..... :( Otherwise....... :(

Let's hope there will be a next Strobist outing in the near future. :)

Thanks to Mr. Phoakm and Mr. Dream Merchant for taking the time and patience in explaining and teaching us the basics of strobing. You guys are very knowledgeable of what you do and delivered your explanations in a very clear and understandable manner. I really appreciate your passion into your professional work and the humbleness in sharing your knowledge onto others.

Let's hope that this first strobist meet up would be a beginning of more to come :) I was really looking forward to your profoto acuteB being fired up and to see what the results would have been. I think i'm kind of more inclined to these types of strobes than the speedlites as i have a little bit of indoor experience with my d-lites. But i still believe that a combination of both would be best.

Anyways, i have learned a lot from this strobist outing, from the types of equipment used and its results. An advantage i consider, especially when you are trying to decide which equipments you need to get if you want to do strobing outdoors.

A big thanks again to Mr. Faris for initiating this meeting and would be glad to come for more meet ups in the future.

Thanks to Mr. Phoakm and Mr. Dream Merchant for taking the time and patience in explaining and teaching us the basics of strobing. You guys are very knowledgeable of what you do and delivered your explanations in a very clear and understandable manner. I really appreciate your passion into your professional work and the humbleness in sharing your knowledge onto others.

Let's hope that this first strobist meet up would be a beginning of more to come :) I was really looking forward to your profoto acuteB being fired up and to see what the results would have been. I think i'm kind of more inclined to these types of strobes than the speedlites as i have a little bit of indoor experience with my d-lites. But i still believe that a combination of both would be best.

Anyways, i have learned a lot from this strobist outing, from the types of equipment used and its results. An advantage i consider, especially when you are trying to decide which equipments you need to get if you want to do strobing outdoors.

A big thanks again to Mr. Faris for initiating this meeting and would be glad to come for more meet ups in the future.

If you want to see profoto in action. Join the Profoto gathering organised by Shiro once every month. Or PM me, I tend to bring along for my shoot in some weekends. :)

was hoping to see the profoto in action..big stuff there

Not wanting to be a wet blanket here BUT please read the rules. The gathering is over and the this thread is supposed to be closed. All TCSS please open a separate thread in Kopitiam or make a discussions thread.

Alternatively Threadstarter can ask moderators to shift this thread to proper sub-forum and we can continue from there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.