Simple product (seefei)

Status
Not open for further replies.

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
Here's what u can do with ur 2 SB-3000. Reflctor & diffuser out, zoom at 24mm with 1/8 power. Mount is in M mode and off camera is in slave mode. Both head tilt at 45 degree.

IMGP1491copy.jpg

You can get a simple reflect like that in Daiso or get the car one. I use a chopping board, better if u use a white smooth cardboard as base.

Out of K10D resized (ISO100, f9.5, 1/180s)
IMGP0973copy.jpg

thanks for the setup advice. look simple but i can see a lot of thought had gone into it. never thought of putting a flash at the side and bound the light into the sample. brilliant! :thumbsup:

the chopping board is a good idea as a base. :thumbsup: i have been using cardboard all along and this is the best idea i have heard so far. the card board gets dirty after a while and i have to throw it away. very envinronmental unfriendly!

owe you a dinner for this!! :)

No need dinner lah. This is just a basic setup. If you are interested maybe we can meet up 1 day to do things like this^^

IMGP7378copy.jpg

IMGP7377copy.jpg

IMGP7368copy.jpg

IMGP7357copy.jpg

i like the dark background and glowing light at the bottom of the batteries! :thumbsup: how did you achieve that?

i am keen but would be good if more pentaxians are interested!

i like the dark background and glowing light at the bottom of the batteries! :thumbsup: how did you achieve that?

i am keen but would be good if more pentaxians are interested!

Using color gel;)

Cool.. I'm actually quite interested to learn to do good product shots and still life. If you're meeting up for a session, mind if I join? But equipment-wise, I'm still limited to just my AF360 though, not sure if that's enough....

I am interested to join to learn so when is it? Gengh...u r beter then me...I dun even have a flash yet...

ishou80
grab the SB3000 fast! - it is really value for money and with longko guidance, will definitely open up a new horizon in your photography!!

I wanted to but out of stock and the lady said no idea when stock will be in. =(

when? yesterday still have 6 flashes left...

Wah... so cool! It would be nice if can shoot strobist with other Pentaxians. Been out with Ni**n and Ca**n shooters for months. They share their gear to experiment while while I'm stuck with the gear i have. No fun.

I've attached some of my work below to share. Hope we pentaxians can have a strobist meetup soon. :)

2483028940_49356f98de.jpg

2394813849_636e358d90.jpg

BTW, anyone here have any idea how to do high-speed sync without a Pentax Flash?

Using color gel;)

sorry.. i am a bit noob. but how to acheive tat using gel?

can share more?

very interesting battery pics! :thumbsup:

ishou80
grab the SB3000 fast! - it is really value for money and with longko guidance, will definitely open up a new horizon in your photography!!

My "guidance" is limited not a pro, just did them for fun.

BTW, anyone here have any idea how to do high-speed sync without a Pentax Flash?

I managed to hit 1/500s to 1/1000s with a slave flash that has this special mode of tigger on 2nd flash.
500s.jpg

But it's not reliable.

sorry.. i am a bit noob. but how to acheive tat using gel?

can share more?

very interesting battery pics! :thumbsup:

There's a flash below the glass with a color gel.;)

Nouffer
shots very mood lah! especially the first one. care to share the set-up?

Hi,

Nouffer
shots very mood lah! especially the first one. care to share the set-up?
My set-up is simple since I'm a one-trick pony. Bare flash on one side, shoot through umbrella on the other side. The power is set according to the available light.

Nice shots, you should start sharing here;
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279350

Here are a couple I did yesterday when I test the Riva SB-3000
Thanks Longko. Coming from you, thats quite a compliment. I first saw your batteries shot in a malaysian forum a few months back.

I managed to hit 1/500s to 1/1000s with a slave flash that has this special mode of tigger on 2nd flash.
Cool! What trigger is that?

You gave me too much credit^^; My compliments aren't worth much^^; Anyway when given a chance maybe we can share each other experience^^

Here's the optical slave hotshoe I'm talking abt. It's sold in swissco as HS-02
http://www.icorpandtumax.com/uploadfiles/file_42c105284d9a5.pdf

The one I'd tested is this slave flash which has the same slave mode
http://www.icorpandtumax.com/uploadfiles/file_42c27ebff2169.pdf

want to buy the HS-02. when are you going down to swissco again? need your advice on how to set it up. :embrass:

will be getting a prime lens for potrait. i am planning to match the prime lens with the HSS flash light for outdoor shooting. next week?

want to buy the HS-02. when are you going down to swissco again? need your advice on how to set it up. :embrass:

will be getting a prime lens for potrait. i am planning to match the prime lens with the HSS flash light for outdoor shooting. next week?

Think HS-02 dun get till someone tested it reliable 1st. Outdoor portraits with nice bokeh u need get a flash that support P-TTL HSS liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.