sigma or tamron 70-200 f2.8 mounted to a D800

Cheesecake said:
its ok la. at the end, it is how u make use of the gear and the end result that matters.

huat ah!

Heard that from u before haha xD I actually don't like the D800. Very big and bulky

thank you for the responses. i have rented the 70-200cr2 recently and i really love the performance and i dont mind the weight. i think my i'll rent the tamron next and see the performance.

reject said:
thank you for the responses. i have rented the 70-200cr2 recently and i really love the performance and i dont mind the weight. i think my i'll rent the tamron next and see the performance.

Good to test it out before your purchase. I am sure you can see the different in feature, iq and prices. Depending on your needs and budget you should be able to decide which will be your long term lens. All the best!

I'm using sigma 70-200 os on d700 and it works pretty awesome.
Os works stop like 1-2 stops.

I'm sure it's a good alternative to a Nikon vr2 on the d800

I'm using sigma 70-200 os on d700 and it works pretty awesome.
Os works stop like 1-2 stops.

I'm sure it's a good alternative to a Nikon vr2 on the d800

Sigma 70-200 OS is a good alternative to vr1. but performance wise, is quite a distance away from vr2.

Heyo. Could you update the thread with photos from the various lenses that you've tried so those planning to get a 70-200 would have a clearer idea of what would be suitable for them as well?

Been reading reviews and watched Matt Granger's comparison and on a cost vs IQ, I'm leaning towards a sigma at the moment.

Heyo. Could you update the thread with photos from the various lenses that you've tried so those planning to get a 70-200 would have a clearer idea of what would be suitable for them as well?

Been reading reviews and watched Matt Granger's comparison and on a cost vs IQ, I'm leaning towards a sigma at the moment.

I dont own a D800 but I took this pictures with the Sigma 70-200 F2.8 OS HSM on my D7000. Hope it helps. Cheers!

ABU_2154.jpg

ABU_2187.jpg

ABU_6551.jpg