Sigma 75-300 apo dg macro

Jeffrey11

Oct 24, 2010
Is any 1 using sigma 75-300 apo dg macro.... Just want some fedback about the lens and how much do they cost..... Thkz..... Oh ya is tis a new or old lens btw

Please do a search. This is a lens that has been discussed many times before.

Has any1 encounter or use tis lens b4 ... Is it good cause iv seen on youtube an read it on yahoo its A/F is noisy and may jam n likely to spoilt.. Advice any1

Has any1 encounter or use tis lens b4 ... Is it good cause iv seen on youtube an read it on yahoo its A/F is noisy and may jam n likely to spoilt.. Advice any1

1. Please learn how to use a keyboard, you are not on a 160-character SMS limit.
2. Have you read the reviews?

i have one in the sony KM alpha mount, currently can only use manual mode as the af mechanism is damaged due to an accidental drop., its AF is noisy no doubt and hunts so much in low light condition but if used outdoor with good light, is very fast. am considering sending to sigma just waiting for their e-mail reply, if not will probably use this in manual mode forever..

Thing is if the lens produces good pictures...people tend to ignore the "trouble" of using the lens.

The lens has been around a while so reviews are plenty.

it's a good lens but no IS, i was looking either this or canon 55-250, but ended up paying more for the later one cos of the IS(i got quite a shaky hand)

i don't remember it being extremely noisy.

i mean, unless you want to use it for say, relatively silent events, i don't see how it can be a problem.

The 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro is a good lens if you know how to use it well. The one I used to own was a Nikon mount non-motorized version, AF was snappy under good ambient lighting and IQ is good. Never had any problems with it before. I'm not sure about your version though, since Sigma has released the same lens with motorized AF.

its slightly quieter than your kit lens for sure. You can't expect it to be as quiet as the hsm ones. Experiencing jam under normal usage (no dropping etc), I have not came across so far.

But i must add without the IS, it takes time to get use to. This lens is a keeper for me.

I have been using this lens few months back, mainly for shooting birds. IT is not ideal but I don't want to fork out a lot of money only to realise I am not that interested anymore. Ok. Here are my observations.

Build wise it is not bad. Quite comfy to handle. Its auto-focus is good, doesn't hunt in evening light conditions. Night time depending on subject it may hunt, but this is the same for many othe lens so not an issue.

It has no IS and the effect is obvious. It shows up. Or maybe it is my hands or skills that is shaky. Anyway most will advise you to use a tripod if you are using at 300mm for wildlife. Do that and it should be fine. I have my miss shots but my better shots are really pretty good (for the price of this lens)

As a side note, the macro function is not a real macro one only 200-300mm can activate and I heard the ratio is 1:2 instead of 1:1 in ideal macro lens.