Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens

share some fulk=l size samples on flickr? i find mine sharp at f1.4

On closer inspection, it is sharp if I take burst shots. I guess when I'm shooting it close, any slight movement of the focal plane will result in slight off focus image. Need more practice shooting wide open.

On closer inspection, it is sharp if I take burst shots. I guess when I'm shooting it close, any slight movement of the focal plane will result in slight off focus image. Need more practice shooting wide open.

Can try continuous focusing too

Send my 50mm for checking and calibration this morning.
Keep finding it not sharp enough. True enough Sigma guy called me to say my 50mm back focus.
Going to collect it back later

Last edited:
mmm art version eh.. is the back focusing something that can be fixed with the usb lens dock?

Went for a shoot on Sunday, realise that my pics taken with the outer focus point are all blur.
Centre point is ok but still not sharp enough. Called Sigma service centre, the guy mentioned that they are unable to calibrate the outer focus point. Only can calibrate based on centre point. I told him what kind of bullshit is that.
Later have to go down again ..... sian....

Send my 50mm for checking and calibration this morning.
Keep finding it not sharp enough. True enough Sigma guy called me to say my 50mm back focus.
Going to collect it back later

Went for a shoot on Sunday, realise that my pics taken with the outer focus point are all blur.
Centre point is ok but still not sharp enough. Called Sigma service centre, the guy mentioned that they are unable to calibrate the outer focus point. Only can calibrate based on centre point. I told him what kind of bullshit is that.

Oh dear, I was considering to purchase this lens.

hey bro, how is it? did sigma eventually solved your problem?

seriously? damn...but honestly, for the price and IQ, even if its manual lens, i feel it is quite worth it already...