Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

unseenshadows

Oct 8, 2007
Marine Parade, Singapore
flickr.com
Am thinking of getting this lens. Read a lot of reviews online and seen the photos for myself. However, are there any issues that I might have missed out?

Also, approximately what is the street price for a new copy? Anyone who might know the resale price? Would greatly appreciate it if you all could share. Feel free to share photos taken by this lens also.

Thanks.

Am thinking of getting this lens. Read a lot of reviews online and seen the photos for myself. However, are there any issues that I might have missed out?

Also, approximately what is the street price for a new copy? Anyone who might know the resale price? Would greatly appreciate it if you all could share. Feel free to share photos taken by this lens also.

Thanks.

This is the lens I regret selling the most. The AF is not top notch, so not very suitable for PJ stuff if I AF. At least not by the way I shoot. But other than that, this lens is simply awesome.

Do make sure you get a good copy. This lens is notorious for element misalignment and back/front focus.

Do make sure you get a good copy. This lens is notorious for element misalignment and back/front focus.

i thought that was true of most sigma lenses.... sure they have quite a few lenses that perform v well but that is still provided you get a good copy.... 30 1.4 is one of them....

i thought that was true of most sigma lenses.... sure they have quite a few lenses that perform v well but that is still provided you get a good copy.... 30 1.4 is one of them....

Yes it is. Sad to say there are no "legendary" Sigma lenses, where the bulk of them are perfect right off the bat.

A good example of "inconsistent" lenses, if you can call them that, is the 10-20mm. Another great, value for money lens, if you get a good one. Also joining that are (of course) the 30mm f/1.4, 24mm f/1.8 (!!!), and 12-24 f/4.5-5.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.