Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports

Hello, I just got the contemporary version, really like what I am seeing. Anyone know of a lens coat for the Contemporary version? I believe there is one for the Sports version, and the Contemporary one is on the way? I found this: http://www.outdoorphotographygear.co.uk/sigma-neoprene-lens-covers but they do not ship directly to Singapore.

Are you sure they do not ship to Singapore? I bought from them end of 2013 through their evilbay store.

Why don't you go for lens covers by Rolan (China)? Much better in my opinion.

Last edited:
Are you sure they do not ship to Singapore? I bought from them end of 2013 through their evilbay store.

Why don't you go for lens covers by Roland (China)? Much better in my opinion.

Can share the link/contact please? Really keen to find out more.

Can share the link/contact please? Really keen to find out more.

Check your inbox bro.

BTW, Orient photo brings in some Rolan stuff, especially the leg protectors and shoulder pad. I am not sure if they bring in the lens covers, but you can definitely ask them to order in for you.

BTW, here are pics of my lenses with Rolan covers.

17038322173_01173121cb_c.jpg

17471045000_6f7ee96df6_c.jpg

They do not ship two Singapore. Two emails confirmed that. They are ok with shipping to a forwarder.

I checked with OP and specifically asked about this Rolan for the contemporary version, they do not have it.

Can I have your contact please to find out mores, especially one for the contemporary version?

Last edited:
They do not ship two Singapore. Two emails confirmed that. They are ok with shipping to a forwarder.

I checked with OP and specifically asked about this Rolan for the contemporary version, they do not have it.

Can I have your contact please to find out mores, especially one for the contemporary version?

I guess they stopped shipping to sg recently. My birding friends in vietnam used to buy from them too off ebay. Just checked their ebay store, looks like they are not selling much on ebay now. Btw, their ebay pricing was lower than their website.

Just checked with Rolan, at the.moment they only have the covers for tamron 156 and sigma 156 sports. but i am very sure they will release the contemporary version soon.

Another option is to check Dpowers online yahoo store. They are a huge retail store in taiwan (taipei and kaoshiung) and they cater to the birding community over there.

You can pm me here. I am currently based in china.

Last edited:
I guess they stopped shipping to sg recently. My birding friends in vietnam used to buy from them too off ebay. Just checked their ebay store, looks like they are not selling much on ebay now. Btw, their ebay pricing was lower than their website.

Just checked with Rolan, at the.moment they only have the covers for tamron 156 and sigma 156 sports. but i am very sure they will release the contemporary version soon.

Another option is to check Dpowers online yahoo store. They are a huge retail store in taiwan (taipei and kaoshiung) and they cater to the birding community over there.

You can pm me here. I am currently based in china.

This is very helpful. Thanks.

You can try this one http://www.lenscoat.com/index.php

I bought my sigma 156 sport camouflage lens coat from them and they do provide free shipping to SG.

You can try this one http://www.lenscoat.com/index.php

I bought my sigma 156 sport camouflage lens coat from them and they do provide free shipping to SG.

Lenscoat is distributed by and available in Cathay Photo locally. Pricing is quite similar to their online prices actually. I had used neoprene covers before, but now prefer the feel and design of the Taiwanese/Chinese versions of the lens covers.

Hello, I just got the contemporary version, really like what I am seeing. Anyone know of a lens coat for the Contemporary version? I believe there is one for the Sports version, and the Contemporary one is on the way? I found this: http://www.outdoorphotographygear.co.uk/sigma-neoprene-lens-covers but they do not ship directly to Singapore.

Hi bro,

for which mount is your contemporary meant for?

Canon.. I got it from OP, last piece for Canon, didn't see any other mount.

My USB dock arrived in the mail today.

C1
AF speed: Speed

C2
AF speed: Focus

and Off is standard for both AF and dynamic view mode

Just tested it (my time is now 9:31pm) by using the autofocus on some busses under the streetlamp out of the window. Focus was set to 2.8m then half pressing the shutter button. On C1 the AF is blazing fast. On C2 it is slower, and in Off the AF speed is similar to C2. Using the Canon 700D ungripped

No other changes were done using the dock such as focus setting or focus limiter. I will test again tomorrow during the day, but in such low light condition, C1 is impressive for such low light condition. C1 speed reminds me of when I tested the lens in the shop. Very excited to see it in the field in the day.

I was hand holding it, and on both C1 and C2 the viewfinder is not as jerky as on Off custom function

Last edited:
Hi all, Any bros out there manage to tried out the Contemporary for Nikon mount as compared with this Sports? Heard some issues with Nikon Mount especially on the AF. Any feedback? Not much on such review also...

Hi all, Any bros out there manage to tried out the Contemporary for Nikon mount as compared with this Sports? Heard some issues with Nikon Mount especially on the AF. Any feedback? Not much on such review also...

Hi

I have the Nikon C version recently but only used once so far. I did not encounter any AF issues or notice anything out of the ordinary on that single outing.

Do you mind posting the thread you read on other forums/sites here so i can read more?

A KF pic below with that lens on a D7100.

Thx

Halus_20150530_4035.jpg

Had the opportunity to finally test the below settings for a Rugby match: https://www.flickr.com/photos/luqmanhaqim/sets/72157654381901505

Used Case 3 on Zone AF centre block using Custom function C1 with OS off.

I think the AF success rate is like, 85%. Focus is really really fast with this lens/camera combo.

Photos/composition wise: it's my first time shooting with this body, lens and sport so I am still learning.

My USB dock arrived in the mail today.

C1
AF speed: Speed

C2
AF speed: Focus

and Off is standard for both AF and dynamic view mode

Just tested it (my time is now 9:31pm) by using the autofocus on some busses under the streetlamp out of the window. Focus was set to 2.8m then half pressing the shutter button. On C1 the AF is blazing fast. On C2 it is slower, and in Off the AF speed is similar to C2. Using the Canon 700D ungripped

No other changes were done using the dock such as focus setting or focus limiter. I will test again tomorrow during the day, but in such low light condition, C1 is impressive for such low light condition. C1 speed reminds me of when I tested the lens in the shop. Very excited to see it in the field in the day.

I was hand holding it, and on both C1 and C2 the viewfinder is not as jerky as on Off custom function

Heads up to all, thanks to a tip-off from jerryl lenscoat is having a free shipping promo, even to Singapore.

Hi all,

Currently contemplating whether to buy the sports version or not. I currently own the AFS 80-400 VR 2, I liked the lightweight telephoto. :) However, the 600mm sounds great with my D7100. Any Nikon users who have owned these 2 lenses before? mind sharing your input? Is the sigma sharper or on par with the Nikkor? Thank you!

P.S. i don't mind the weight. Handheld the AFS 300 non VR before in the past.