Sick of the job market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever think to upgrade the skills (may be) to show the employer that you're the right candidate that they've been looking for?

Whilst some of us are happily enjoying working life or finding it easy to get from one job to the next, others like me are struggling like crazy. Any advice?:angry:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5700431505846055184

When you face setbacks, remember this. Frustration and complains will make you feel better but they do not solve anything. The problems will still exist. Focus not on the process of achieving your dream, its also about how u lead your life. Lastly, when ppl screw you, part of it is cos they care. If they don't bother, they could have just kept quiet. Do a youtube search on "The Last Lecture" and perhaps the video can renew your believe and strength. Below are his words, extracted from his last lecture.

"The Brick walls are there for a reason. They are not there to keep us out, they let us prove how badly they want things. Brick walls are there to stop people who didn’t want it badly enough. They are there to stop those people.

It’s not how you achieve your dreams, it’s how you live your life. If you live your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself, your dreams will come to you.

When you are doing a bad job and nobody points out to you, that’s when they have given on you. When somebody ride you for two hours, it just mean that they care, to make you better."

quoted: Dr Randy Pausch

Have you ever think to upgrade the skills (may be) to show the employer that you're the right candidate that they've been looking for?

Yes, I have thought of upgrading skills. Intially I thought of trying to go into the HR line but if you note that most HR jobs require relevant experience or they prefer fresh grads. I felt that I could get a job in this line then I will go and pursue that Grad Diploma. This does not seem to be working. These days alot of ads say : fresh or relevant experience. Very difficult!

I do know what I want but am not getting it. This is frustrating!

No matter what, wait for the right job (if possible). Don't just accept any job for the sake of getting a job.

I bummed (worked temp jobs) 2 years before getting one I really wanted. Still in same company till now (since 1999). :)

No matter what, wait for the right job (if possible). Don't just accept any job for the sake of getting a job.

I bummed (worked temp jobs) 2 years before getting one I really wanted. Still in same company till now (since 1999). :)[/QUOTE

Good for you. You have found something you like.

I changed 4 jobs in 8yrs of working, and each time i discover more about myself and where are my strengths and weaknesses, and balancing work n play does make it better.

I don't think there's a perfect job for one, every job has its up and down.

So the last thing you want to do is dwell on your frustration, maybe you should stop, and rethink your direction. HR is a very frustrating and challenging job, you'll get screwed by just about everyone.

I changed 4 jobs in 8yrs of working, and each time i discover more about myself and where are my strengths and weaknesses, and balancing work n play does make it better.

I don't think there's a perfect job for one, every job has its up and down.

So the last thing you want to do is dwell on your frustration, maybe you should stop, and rethink your direction. HR is a very frustrating and challenging job, you'll get screwed by just about everyone.

Wow! You changed jobs so many times. Just curious: did any of your jobs last less than 1 year?

Whilst some of us are happily enjoying working life or finding it easy to get from one job to the next, others like me are struggling like crazy. Any advice?:angry:

Its a job we all do to make a living and contribute to society. You have to sit down and think about why you are struggling like crazy. There is no perfect job, so you learn to look on the bright side, instead of focusing on why the job sucks. :bsmilie:

It would also help to think about what your goals and aspirations are, your strength and weaknesses, and what you want out of your life. Once you are clear, it makes it easier to find something you want to do.

Where you are now is a result of the choices and effort you put in in the past. So think about where you want to be in twenty years time, and then work towards that. And don't just think that you want to be a millionaire. You need something concrete. :cool:

since when work can be forever happy one ? any job after doing for sometime.. it will become boring.

This does not seem to be working. These days alot of ads say : fresh or relevant experience. Very difficult!

I would say it depends
Some companies (IT industries as I'm aware of) need an experience people to work in some big project.
That's the reason why one needs to upgrade the skill (knowledge).
By knowing several topics will enhance the profile and bigger chance to get the position.
My 0.02 cent ;)

I would say it depends
Some companies (IT industries as I'm aware of) need an experience people to work in some big project.
That's the reason why one needs to upgrade the skill (knowledge).
By knowing several topics will enhance the profile and bigger chance to get the position.
My 0.02 cent ;)

And I forget to add.
These "companies" are willing to pay well for the right candidate.

how about those without a job... ever spared a thought at how they felt?

"!@#$ here i no job everyday eat sand.. my buddy with job only know how to complain..."

Its a job we all do to make a living and contribute to society. You have to sit down and think about why you are struggling like crazy. There is no perfect job, so you learn to look on the bright side, instead of focusing on why the job sucks. :bsmilie:

It would also help to think about what your goals and aspirations are, your strength and weaknesses, and what you want out of your life. Once you are clear, it makes it easier to find something you want to do.

Where you are now is a result of the choices and effort you put in in the past. So think about where you want to be in twenty years time, and then work towards that. And don't just think that you want to be a millionaire. You need something concrete. :cool:

You make things sound so simple. :)Of course I have sat down and thought why am struggling. That's why am asking you guys for advice.

Of course, am not aiming to be a millionaire. Like some of you, I just want a comfortable life.:)

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Let me assure you alot of ppl have been through this phase, its all part of working life, cant get it move on and learn from your mistake.
Which part of the interview you need to improve, where you are not satisfy with how u answered the question etc... keep thinking ways to improve. Last but not least u must have a strategy, what are you gona do to get the relvant experience require for your line of work. Then your objective should be getting the exp first etc...
my 2 cents worth

Status
Not open for further replies.