Shutter release for epl1

Cleopatra

Mar 31, 2009
hi all, i'm looking for a shutter release cable for the epl1. i've tried looking through some threads in the mass sales, but found little for olympus cameras.

please help and direct me in case i have missed out some threads in my tiredness.

thank you!! :)

found out abt these a few days ago as well, wonder how to take good fireworks without shuttle release :cry:

jungle_sg said:
found out abt these a few days ago as well, wonder how to take good fireworks without shuttle release :cry:

Self timer and luck lo hahaha,alternativly, I've seen "analog" cable release where you push the cable release button and the cable release presses the shutter release button

Normally 4 sec shuttle speed is ok when shooting @ Marina Bay since the sky up there is a bit limited.
Anymore and you might have overlapping fireworks which might make your pictures whiteout.

Anyway, I use bulb mode with my right hand and left hand as my black card...
Ok, hand not black but still workable.

Here's a sample using the above mentioned method for your preview.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=813854

there is also the scene selection for fireworks, might play with that as well, thanks for your input, by the way, what white balance do u use, i notice in the scene selection for fireworks, the programme uses bright sun as white balance setting

Normally 4 sec shuttle speed is ok when shooting @ Marina Bay since the sky up there is a bit limited.
Anymore and you might have overlapping fireworks which might make your pictures whiteout.

Anyway, I use bulb mode with my right hand and left hand as my black card...
Ok, hand not black but still workable.

Here's a sample using the above mentioned method for your preview.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=813854

Last edited:

i used to do this for my pns which does not have remote:
0) preset ur camera settings according to usual fireworks preferences..
(manual focus, bulb/long exposure mode yadayada..)
1) put black card in front of lens
2) press shutter and let go
3) as soon as hand(s) free of camera, take card away

anytime u want to touch the cam, put the black card in front of lens 1st.

if u practice a bit b4hand, and not a kancheong spider, shld make it under 1/2sec..
a bit more responsive than the 2sec timer most cams have..

hth

yes, that is a pretty good suggestion , thanks a lot

i used to do this for my pns which does not have remote:
0) preset ur camera settings according to usual fireworks preferences..
(manual focus, bulb/long exposure mode yadayada..)
1) put black card in front of lens
2) press shutter and let go
3) as soon as hand(s) free of camera, take card away

anytime u want to touch the cam, put the black card in front of lens 1st.

if u practice a bit b4hand, and not a kancheong spider, shld make it under 1/2sec..
a bit more responsive than the 2sec timer most cams have..

hth