Shutter pressed, but not instantly took picture. Why?

alexpangestu

Jul 19, 2009
Indonesia
www.flickr.com
Anyone have experienced this? I have a Canon 30D. Now, whenever I pressed the shutter, the camera won't instantly took picture. I got to pressed it a little while, or repressed it. BTW, the camera still focusing well.

Anyone knows why? I want to know the reason before going to the service center.

Thank you very much,
Alex Pangestu
www.sudita.web.id

Broken shutter release button. Take it to Canon and get it replaced. It's a rather common problem for 30D.

could it be due to the selftimer forgot to turn off?
But there is beeps if timer is on

Subject not in focus? That happens to mine too, but it's not a Canon.

google it. off the camera, and give your shutter button a good massage. :)

Anyone have experienced this? I have a Canon 30D. Now, whenever I pressed the shutter, the camera won't instantly took picture. I got to pressed it a little while, or repressed it. BTW, the camera still focusing well.

Anyone knows why? I want to know the reason before going to the service center.

Thank you very much,
Alex Pangestu
www.sudita.web.id

Is your camera on Mirror lock up?

At what shutter speed is the camera set on when you press the shutter?

I'll not be surprised if this happens when you are using 1/30 shutter speed or slower.

if you set your camera af drive to 'one-shot' and if you focus on a very near subject which is closer than the lens min focusing distance, the camera won't fire. unless you set to "ai servo" mode :) this happens to my 50D months ago

another reason if you press your shutter very lightly, it won't fire too. this probably caused by wear and tear. the shutter contacts might have some tiny dust/particles that exhibits the shutter contacts.

it sounds like the self-timer is on...