Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only afford the granddad model. :bsmilie:

5959337771_4806768801_z.jpg

Now, how do I strobe with this...?

max sync speed is 1/60s rite?

lastolite? :bsmilie:

max sync speed is 1/60s rite?

Yep. Basically a "Super" Super Program. I can't trigger shutter manually without loading film...
I would have preferred the 645N, but beggers can't be choosers.

I can only afford the granddad model. :bsmilie:

5959337771_4806768801_z.jpg

Now, how do I strobe with this...?

Congrats on the new/old purchase. :)
I'm sure it won't disappoint.
You need the sync cord.
Connect it to the wireless transmitter pc cord jack.
Camera > sync cord > wireless transmitter ----> wireless triggers

You should get a leaf shutter camera that can sync higher if you want to do strobing.

Last edited:
Connect it to the wireless transmitter pc cord jack.
Camera > sync cord > wireless transmitter ----> wireless triggers

You should get a leaf shutter camera that can sync higher if you want to do strobing.

Thanks. I figured as much, but having it work is another thing. :p
There are some leaf shutter lenses for the 645, but I don't think I'll grab them anytime soon.

Farhan, congrats on your 645. It's a lovely camera.

285079_10150324367781138_748241137_10013501_960818_n.jpg

Hmmm... decisions decisions decisions

Need to find time to do a shoot-out with the pair this weekend

The Tamron one is it the one gana bashed slow focusing, cannot lock onto focus etc etc that one?

The Tamron one is it the one gana bashed slow focusing, cannot lock onto focus etc etc that one?

Yeah, but I think it's worse on the other mounts, because all the other 70-200s use ring-type HSM but the Tamron uses a lousy motor. On the Pentax mount, especially on the K-5, the screw-drive is pretty quick and snappy.

I checked on a youtube video about a tammy 70-200 on K-5, i think the focusing speed is not too shabby

I checked on a youtube video about a tammy 70-200 on K-5, i think the focusing speed is not too shabby

I feel the tammy 70200 f2.8 AF is almost the same as DA*50135 in low light. In bright outdoor AF spped seems fast enough.

Hi bro Yamakasi, I order it from GizmoBuy, took 3 weeks to arrive after paying up front. Almost thought I won't get it. Now hunting for a 18-250mm to match it but still no luck in getting one.

hi geengar,
i'm considering to order the k-r from GizmoBuy too, how's their service, is it reliable? Thanks :)

@ME109, the IQ of that 18-135 definitely looks worse that kit 18-55

@ME109, the IQ of that 18-135 definitely looks worse that kit 18-55

Before dissing the lens, it might be due to user error or lousy web compression instead. At web sizes, all lenses should look fine

Status
Not open for further replies.