Should the be a lighting subforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

narloke

Mar 24, 2006
Yishun
narloke.deviantart.com
Hi, just wondering whether it's possible to have a subforum for the lighting equipments so that the studio masters can share their experiences on picking the equipment for different brands, DIY the props and the lighting setups. That will really help newbies like me to grow in another field.

great suggestion.

yup supported by me too a person who wans to do studio and wans tips to go about~

agree, a lighting sub-forum will be really informative.

Are there any lighting gurus in CS that would be able to spend time in the sub-forum to provide us with lighting nuggets ala The Strobist? If not, will it just become an occasional thread of people asking comparisions on which lighting kit to buy? Or which is better, Alien Bees or Jin Bei?

What would be the difference between what we have been doing now and this Lighting sub-forum?

Will people post their pictures and ask how to improve their lighting setup? How would that be different from using the Critique Corner/Portraits and Poses?

If you do a search on google or on amazon I'm sure there's a bunch of lighting books/information out there. Would the appearence of a Lighting sub-forum miraclously intice the professionals to reveal their lighting tips when there has been little interaction thus far? I might be wrong as I hardly enter the Portraits and Poses, but then again if lighting is discussed there, why not continue posting and asking help in the appropriate sub-forums. Indicate you WANT lighting suggestions ontop of composition etc. Maybe there's people here who just want tips without taking the first step by providing an example. Shoot something/someone (do your very best please) then ask for lighting tips. There's nothing more impossible than trying to explain an open-ended technique for an imaginary picture. While there are basic lighting setups for portraits (eg. for broad/narrow faces), do you want a regurgitation of facts or a direct answer to your problem?

IR/UV, Night and Alternative are photography techniques. Lighting is photography, no light no photo. Learning to light is necessary, but do we have enough content to sustain an individual sub-forum? Will members be more active than ever progressing in their photography skills? And if so, does it mean the other sub-forums are impeding our progress?

I apologise if I'm taking this a little too far, just my opinion. Have a good day.

Are there any lighting gurus in CS that would be able to spend time in the sub-forum to provide us with lighting nuggets ala The Strobist? If not, will it just become an occasional thread of people asking comparisions on which lighting kit to buy? Or which is better, Alien Bees or Jin Bei?

What would be the difference between what we have been doing now and this Lighting sub-forum?

Will people post their pictures and ask how to improve their lighting setup? How would that be different from using the Critique Corner/Portraits and Poses?

If you do a search on google or on amazon I'm sure there's a bunch of lighting books/information out there. Would the appearence of a Lighting sub-forum miraclously intice the professionals to reveal their lighting tips when there has been little interaction thus far? I might be wrong as I hardly enter the Portraits and Poses, but then again if lighting is discussed there, why not continue posting and asking help in the appropriate sub-forums. Indicate you WANT lighting suggestions ontop of composition etc. Maybe there's people here who just want tips without taking the first step by providing an example. Shoot something/someone (do your very best please) then ask for lighting tips. There's nothing more impossible than trying to explain an open-ended technique for an imaginary picture. While there are basic lighting setups for portraits (eg. for broad/narrow faces), do you want a regurgitation of facts or a direct answer to your problem?

IR/UV, Night and Alternative are photography techniques. Lighting is photography, no light no photo. Learning to light is necessary, but do we have enough content to sustain an individual sub-forum? Will members be more active than ever progressing in their photography skills? And if so, does it mean the other sub-forums are impeding our progress?

I apologise if I'm taking this a little too far, just my opinion. Have a good day.
Yah, Strobist is good... :thumbsup:

no reply, leh?

Status
Not open for further replies.