Should the Admin close the Student Poll??

Do you agree that the admin should close sterobox's Poll

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's cleaner to post anything related to student's departure in his farewell thread, IMHO. in fact, a perusal of that thread should give stereobox a pretty good idea whether student's departure is a loss to CS.
but a poll is cleanest and most indicative.

Its about if the admin should close that thread or not... nothing to do with student leaving and all that...

why not post a question about this in faq and feedback section then? admin will respond to your query directly. :)

. . . some people just cannot let it go . . . :dunno:

tell that to a sucide jumper. because they can't let go, therefore they let go.

. . . some people just cannot let it go . . . :dunno:
this is not about letting go ... this is about the rationale or there lack of, in closing Stereobox's poll on how we feel about Student leaving.

That said, how I feel about his departure, be it permanent or not, is irrevalent. I totally disagree with the admin closing stereobox's poll without an acceptable explanation.

but a poll is cleanest and most indicative.

true...but one must draw the line somewhere. otherwise we would end up with a poll about a thread, a thread about a poll, a further poll about the previous poll etc. keeping the number of new threads/polls about the same subject to a minimum makes for a cleaner forum IMHO.

true...but one must draw the line somewhere. otherwise we would end up with a poll about a thread, a thread about a poll, a further poll about the previous poll etc. keeping the number of new threads/polls about the same subject to a minimum makes for a cleaner forum IMHO.
there was the original tread by Student, one poll by Stereobox. It was not out of hand. If it gets to that point, I agree with you.

It's now like the Tom Cruise movie, Monority Report, but then, in the movie, they have this technology to peek into the future. Right now, CS admin does not have such technology. So now what? Well, let's flatten everything, just in case?

if you're questioning the Admin's authority, you should remain as objective as possible and not pull in names to imply unfair actions to specific individuals.

Ok... how should it be written then? Cos i am completely lost how to write it the way u are saying...

NO.

What the admin did in closing Stereobox's poll is a preemptive strike against freedom of expression. If the post degenerated into a slugfest, then I have to agree with their decision to close it down. However, that had not happenned, and there is no guaranty that it will.

I am hijacking the thread for an important point.

I have no idea why CS admin closed the poll stereobox set up regarding student leaving.

A pre-emptive strick against freedom of expression? Wow, that is a good one admin. Close and not even a word of explanation!

Everyon knows how I felt about Student, but still, freedom of expression can not be compromised, even if it's about Student.

I have not raised the issue of freedom of expression for a long time. Why? CS has demonstrated that such freedom will be honored. However, tonight, we are sliding back down the slippery slop of censorship.

Sad day.

I have no idea who closed the thread and the poll but I would like to remind you, and for everyone else for that matter, if you want absolute freedom of speech, then please leave. You will not find it here. Don't you even dare talk about preemptive strikes. I do not find that I need to explain to you. If you think I am being high handed, then i am sorry you feel this way.

We try our very best to ensure CS continues to be a place where everyone is able to interact without the fear of being insulted or patronised and it is very clearly stated in our TOS. We reserve the right to uphold the rules in a manner we deem fit and fair to the general CS public.

If you find it a sad day, then ask yourself in what ways you have contributed to the coming of this day. I have no wish to banter or discuss anything with you and neither do i wish to carry on any form of discussion with you regarding this matter.

I am closing this thread. Let me warn you as well that you are treading on equally thin ice. I suggest you take a step back and be too fast to react to anything at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.