Should i change to CYMK colour for printing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joezzz

Nov 15, 2004
siglap
Hi jus a question on mind, upon uploading the photos for editing in the computer, should i convert it to cymk colour before bring to studio for developing into photos? if i want to print 4r photo, what mega pixal should i used to get crystal clear photos. any website on this?

Most lab use RGB only, 300 pixal per inch (PPI) is recommendable, in jpg or tiff format should be fine. CMYK is for offset printing.

Hope this help. :)

No... no... no... CYMK is only used for off-set printing. For inkjet printers, although it's using CYMK inks, it is expecting RGB data. The internal conversion engine will do the conversion. If you feed it CYMK data, your photos will be flat and lifeless, not to mention your colours will be off.

Stay in RGB...

thank for your help. what about the magapixal setting, should i set to the highest for better resoultion for 4r size?

joezzz said:
thank for your help. what about the magapixal setting, should i set to the highest for better resoultion for 4r size?

doesn't really matter but you need at least a 2M output but the more the merrier.

Belle&Sebastain said:
doesn't really matter but you need at least a 2M output but the more the merrier.

Haha...just don't feed it a 10MB JPEG file for a 4R print...you will notice a long waiting time...

catchlights said:
Most lab use RGB only, 300 pixal per inch (PPI) is recommendable, in jpg or tiff format should be fine. CMYK is for offset printing.

Hope this help. :)

Would it be a problem if the colour workspace in my Photoshop 7.0 is sRGB instead of RGB?

The default resolution is 180PPI and the image size by default is 2048 by 3072 which equates to 2/3 or 0.6666666..

If i were to change the resolution to 300PPI, the image size will be automatically changed to 3413 by 5120 which equates to 0.666601562.
Since it is not exactly in the 2/3 format, will i face any problem to print them in 4R size in photolabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.