Shops that sell Rolleiflex MF

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dunno any place that brings in NEW Rollei stuff, but TCW has a couple of 6006/6008 sets that seem pretty mint. can check it out. unless you're looking for TLR stuffs...

Larry said:
i dunno any place that brings in NEW Rollei stuff, but TCW has a couple of 6006/6008 sets that seem pretty mint. can check it out. unless you're looking for TLR stuffs...

Rollei stuffs are exorbitantly expensive right down to their remake of the Rolleiflex TLR...

Lenses are like $3k for 2nd hand, proprietry battery...

Among the MF stuffs, Rollei has average resale value, compare to Hasselblad and Mamiya.

BUt if dough's not an issue for u, their optics and handling (esp 6008) is really one of the best.

I am looking at the 6008 at TCW, pricing looks reasonable. $2500-ish for a kit set, but might need things like extra lenses, film backs and battery.

Thanks for the info, will do a bit more homework. :)

canturn said:
Rollei stuffs are exorbitantly expensive right down to their remake of the Rolleiflex TLR...

Lenses are like $3k for 2nd hand, proprietry battery...

Among the MF stuffs, Rollei has average resale value, compare to Hasselblad and Mamiya.

BUt if dough's not an issue for u, their optics and handling (esp 6008) is really one of the best.

FYI ... even the 6008 .. being a wonderful MF that it is .. can only fire 2 fps .. you might want to consider that ...
if your style of photography require a much higher fps ...
esp in studio environment...

for other people that shoot one shot at a time .. it will be great...

plus other accessories (2nd hand) for it:

45 degree finder - $1.2k for a mint version - 6008 specific
120 back - $650 each ... mint condition
battery - 200 plus ( i think)
40 mm schenieder lens - good luck on finding it
150 mm zeiss portrait lens - $2.2 2.5k

Actually . why not consider the 6008AF ... if u have the budget for it ..
its the latest and greatest from Rollei

Happy Shooting

:)

Sputnik, thanks a lot for the info. :)

I don't shoot fast for MF, higher fps would be nice, but not a necessity for me.

But unfortunately, I don't the the budget for 6008AF, the kit set was like US$7k? :what:

Was a bit torn between a used Rolly 6008 and Hassy 503. :think:

AJ23 said:
Sputnik, thanks a lot for the info. :)

I don't shoot fast for MF, higher fps would be nice, but not a necessity for me.

But unfortunately, I don't the the budget for 6008AF, the kit set was like US$7k? :what:

Was a bit torn between a used Rolly 6008 and Hassy 503. :think:

If you're fine with the proprietry batt thingy of the Rollei 6008, you'll be fine. I needed something mechanical, that's why I go for the Hassy 503CW.

There are a couple of 6008 Intergra kit w 80 f2.8 up for grabs on ebay that are priced really well from reputable 2nd hand dealers in US.

Or if you're interested in 6008AF kit, I have lobang to get really mint cond. ones for $4200 USD.

The nice thing about the Rolleis are that everything's there (no hidden costs like prism finder with AE metering, or winder). Think about it, if you're to get a 503cw with winder + prism finder, it's going to work out to ard $5k for 2nd hand.

A cheaper version of the rollei 6008 is the 6003 then there a cheaper version which is 6001. TCW is selling a second hand 6008 at $2500.00 If you tell Mr. Wong (fotographis lucky chinatown) that you are looking for one used he may be helpful.

If 6x6 is not a big issue, the Contax 645AF is a good buy , and the lenses are quite affordable (well, relatively). And you get AF.

Now, if you REALLY want cheap... look out for the Pentax 645AF on ebay. I think its possible to get the body + 3 lenses for <S$4k (pls check). The Mamiya 645AF is also a good buy. Some of the lenses are only S$900+ new from Cathay.

The advantage of these 645AF systems is that most of them will be digital-ready. The Mamiya is the best example as the back has already been announced.

Keltzar said:
If 6x6 is not a big issue, the Contax 645AF is a good buy , and the lenses are quite affordable (well, relatively). And you get AF.

Now, if you REALLY want cheap... look out for the Pentax 645AF on ebay. I think its possible to get the body + 3 lenses for <S$4k (pls check). The Mamiya 645AF is also a good buy. Some of the lenses are only S$900+ new from Cathay.

The advantage of these 645AF systems is that most of them will be digital-ready. The Mamiya is the best example as the back has already been announced.

Thanks for the info. :)

Don't really need it to be digital-ready, cuz not going to get digital backs. ;)

i know where you can get it.. RON at adelphi. basement one. rolleiflex, rolleicords. he butter trade with the middle eastern people i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.