Shop opposite John 3:16

Status
Not open for further replies.
That shop is a good move la. Let J3:16 beware that they better service better. I have deal with many shop like Cathay Photo, TCW, MS Color TK Photo, the "J3:16 " is the worst of all.

Service is a very subjective thing. We see people complaining about certain shop ignoring them when others complaint about the sales are too zealous. I come to realize that in Singapore, most customers only care about the price and price alone. If a shop offers $5 cheaper than the other one, people will walk 2 blocks and buy it from the cheaper store. If you do your homework here in CS, you really don't need much service from the shops. Just confirm on the price and check if everything is ok, pay and then leave the shop. For the newbies, better spend more time here in the forum before buying. People can find more unbiased and helpful information here in the forum than talking with the sales. And, how much time these sales can spend with a customer? The new shop might be able to spend more time with their customers as there are not that many around. But, once they are as famous as J3:16, CP, TK Foto or MS, will they still be able to do that?

Last edited:
Personally I don't like the shopkeeper's attitude in AP-Funan.

Personally such an Attitude to me is :thumbsd:

I never stepped into AP funan after two unpleasant encounters.

New shops always have this start up difficulty in gaining customers' trust as there are not that many customers had experience dealing with them. It is good that this forum acts as a place to pass on the good or the bad about a shop and I am sure the word of mouth here is going to help building that trust if they are honest, helpful and their price are competitive.
New shops are to be welcomed for better service and competitive price in the vicinity of so called "Reputable Shops"
If a shop offers $5 cheaper than the other one, people will walk 2 blocks and buy it from the cheaper store.
I am one of "People" cuz it makes me feel guddd!!!!!:bsmilie:
The new shop might be able to spend more time with their customers as there are not that many around. But, once they are as famous as J3:16, CP, TK Foto or MS, will they still be able to do that?
Totally agree....:thumbsup:

Agree service is this shop is good. Made some queries and the staff was very helpful. No black face eventhough I did not buy anything.

Service is a very subjective thing. We see people complaining about certain shop ignoring them when others complaint about the sales are too zealous. I come to realize that in Singapore, most customers only care about the price and price alone.

Bro, it's not always about $$$, it's the Attitude in AP-Funan that :thumbsd:

I never stepped into AP funan after two unpleasant encounters.

Personally after this encounter, I would rather pay more and buy from HM than them. :sticktong

That shop is a good move la. Let J3:16 beware that they better service better. I have deal with many shop like Cathay Photo, TCW, MS Color TK Photo, the "J3:16 " is the worst of all.

recently over the last 10 months this year i have noticed that my regular saleman at Cathay Photo can't seem to match the price offer by MS Color AMK anymore. Despite attempts to get him to give the best prices, cathay Photo are aways tens of dollars more than MS Color's first quotation. E.g

STE-2 : CP $350, MS Color $260
EF501.4 : CP $590 : MS Color $560
580EXII : CP $799 : MS COlor $699

Cathay Photo is no longer competitive :thumbsd: It is time this new shop gives these shops a wake up call.

Last edited:

Different type of service for different people. Personally I try not to purchase anything from T K Foto unless the prices are the lowest as I find it to be a rather lifeless and boring shop. Been there about 3 times, and whenever I asked for assistance the staff there were rather indifferent.

Cathay presents a similar problem as JO, especially when you're trying to purchase bodies/cameras. Staff at counter all busy attending to customers. To make matters worse, their prices are almost always never the lowest. Can't comment on service as I've never purchased anything other than a bag from Cathay Penin, but I must say that I do not like to be served by the female hovering around the bags as she NEVER gives even the slightest discounts.

Cartman2000 said:
but I must say that I do not like to be served by the female hovering around the bags as she NEVER gives even the slightest discounts.

agree totally. That lady is a stubborn one. A real scrooge. I remember getting quoted better prices before she got stationed there. sigh.

i was quite impressed by this shop.

but please, i dun wan ppl here to go to the shop and start telling them that we are already talking abt them in this forum. I dun wan them to have the "ya ya" attitude.

Let them work hard for their sales on competitive pricings and good service.

i will definitely go back there again for anything in future. and i will NEVER go back to AP at all..... crappy service and attitude. they are only surviving on their "old" reputation.......

For John, they will need to revamp and re train the sales staff on NOT spending too much time on each customer.... it's counter productive.

i actually saw why they are so slow and customers are all waiting at the counters..... it's bad customer service. they simply talk too much c0ck

even if this new shop charge abit more than these famous shops, i will still consider to buy from them. its for their friendly attitude and info sharing. i take it as "tuition fee"

but please, i dun wan ppl here to go to the shop and start telling them that we are already talking abt them in this forum. I dun wan them to have the "ya ya" attitude.

i will definitely go back there again for anything in future. and i will NEVER go back to AP at all..... crappy service and attitude. they are only surviving on their "old" reputation.......

For John, they will need to revamp and re train the sales staff on NOT spending too much time on each customer.... it's counter productive.

i actually saw why they are so slow and customers are all waiting at the counters..... it's bad customer service. they simply talk too much c0ck

even if this new shop charge abit more than these famous shops, i will still consider to buy from them. its for their friendly attitude and info sharing. i take it as "tuition fee"

they are probably already registered members of Clubsnap! :) after all, this forum is really famous!
as far as I know, AP has never had a really good reputation. So far my shopping experiences have been ok. As i'm not a big-time camera equipment buyer that gives lots of repeat business, I rate price and speed of service above a really good attitude. Of course I will still shun those who give that "take it or leave it" attitude.

Personally I don't like the shopkeeper's attitude in AP-Funan. I remember going in one Sunday afternoon where there is not much customer in the shop asking if the sell a few lens. Most of the lens (which are very common lenses) they say no stock, until I ask about the Canon 85F1.8. But they question me am I buying, my response was that Yes I am but I need to confirm if it's a good copy and there is nothing wrong with the lens first. They say try already must buy. :think:

As I had purchase several items in AP-SLS before, I mention to them that I was able to try & test the items first before deciding if I were to buy the camera. Their response was "We operate differently". :sticktong

Personally such an Attitude to me is :thumbsd:

I have bad experience with them too, but there are people who just swear by them. :dunno:

I think it mainly depends on the salesperson rather than the shop, and also what mood the salesperson is in.
Hahaha I know service personnel aren't supposed to be like this, but... what to do.
I've had ok experiences at AP-SLS, though many people give it black marks.

recently over the last 10 months this year i have noticed that my regular saleman at Cathay Photo can't seem to match the price offer by MS Color AMK anymore. Despite attempts to get him to give the best prices, cathay Photo are aways tens of dollars more than MS Color's first quotation. E.g

STE-2 : CP $350, MS Color $260
EF501.4 : CP $590 : MS Color $560
580EXII : CP $799 : MS COlor $699

Cathay Photo is no longer competitive :thumbsd: It is time this new shop gives these shops a wake up call.

i agree with this...they are not competetive in terms of price and service...(for me) visited their marina br after the photoshop training last thu, asked for canon 17-55mm, its a few $$ more than AP quoted...btw, its not the price that made me off, its the old uncle! :angry:

learn to be accomodating at least...customer service :thumbsd:

:gbounce:

AP-SLS seems alright. Bought my tripod there at $185 when Cathay was selling it for $220. Service generally ok for my one-time experience. AP-Funan service is total crap especially when you approach the balding guy

I dun like some of the salesman in certain camera shops. They are like "chow ah bengs turned father" trying to be decent salesman but still behave like ****.

Some of these salesman dun even know simple things like "bokeh" or "hue".

AP-SLS seems alright. Bought my tripod there at $185 when Cathay was selling it for $220. Service generally ok for my one-time experience. AP-Funan service is total crap especially when you approach the balding guy

i'd approached him before and he got attitude... attitude problem like i have owed him money. i asked price for a lens, he just told me the price and no further discount, then look elsewhere, wtf. did i owed him ? what an attitude :thumbsd:. i just said "thank you" and walk out...

hehe.. usually if i go to AP-funan.. i will see first.. if the one who serve me is the guy on glasses.. then still ok... if other guy... then jialat already...

Level of service is always a subjective thing. People may complain about the time taken to be served at J3:16 and they talk too much but when I was a newbie, I find the attention and info to be very helpful. Compare that with CP/AP staffs and the difference is significant. Now that I know what I want/need, well... I think differently and they should try to get one or two more permanent staffs to help out with customer volume.

There is no need not to let them know. If they are CS members and know what is good for them, they must keep up the service level and pricing. There are more than enough threads here to serve as warnings for new camera shops if they wanna keep their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.