Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumball

Jul 8, 2003
Need to hear some advice on improving my shot below.

Do give me your frank opinion and comments.

Thank you.

Shadow1.jpg

nice shot, except that there seems to be more light than shadow. overall it also doesn't present anything interesting. if there were more floors in this block that you took this, go up as high as you can, that might lend a more perspective view. ;)

I like the grainy look. The dynamic range on the pic seems a bit limited. Have you used curves to lighten up the pic?

Composition is nice. Would have liked to an additional object of interest in the pic. Shadows in themselves arent that interesting.

sumball said:
Do give me your frank opinion and comments.

I like the concept and the arrangement, but I think the picture is hurt by the noise. The plain curves and lines as well as the smooth gray tones make for a very attractive picture. The noise destroys the smoothness and distracts from the simple elegance of the shapes and tones. I think the photo would gain a lot if you could eliminate the noise (maybe retake the photo under more favorable conditions?).

Thanks Littlewolf, rahul, Trigger Happy for the comments and those who viewed the thread.

Will take note and I have posted another similiar shot. Hope to hear your comments again.

Cheers.

Thanks.

i prefer this b/w over the coloured one. is it possible to go up higher floors so that it leads on further?

I like the soft shadows.
The grain works for me.

Thanks Jeremy. Will station there to wait for the child in future, if there are any. hehe

UK, no more liao, it is already at 13th floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.