SH SCV prices increased!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is not how much the increase that is affordable or not, the issue is the new pricing was imposed on those who are still under the existing contract !

hubber dunno how to do business to win customer hearts ...!

Well of course it is, they arnt gonna wait for everyones contract to end then increase it, not when they can make the money now. To be fair though, they are providing a good service at a very decent price, just compare it to other countries. The increased price will probably cause more re-investment and a bigger budget for R&D, they need money to improve the service. With a country every advancing and developing the prices will keep increasing, especially if Singapore wants to remain at the forefront of technology, it comes at a cost.

but their basic very low one you know?

they have super high turn over rates do you know?

their basic is quite good for starters.. fresh grad 2.4-2.8k... many also made ten and hundreds of thousands from their shares... some managers bought brand new cars in full cash !

;)

their basic is quite good for starters.. fresh grad 2.4-2.8k... many also made ten and hundreds of thousands from their shares... some managers bought brand new cars in full cash !

;)

sometimes i wonder, is all those rich people the same people we talking about or are there really so many rich people around... but just strange we dunno them yet they existed... :think:

it is not how much the increase that is affordable or not, the issue is the new pricing was imposed on those who are still under the existing contract !

hubber dunno how to do business to win customer hearts ...!

That's why before people go and sign contract , they should read the Terms and Conditions. :bsmilie:

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Yes, there is a price increase, and No, I don't like it. BUT, its not like SH are entirely to blame or that you have no choice in the matter or measures to mitigate.

1) Cable TV is DISCRETIONARY!

Cable TV is not medical care, Cable TV is not utilities. If you don't want to pay for it, just cancel! My parents and a couple of friends of mine have never had cable installed, and they still appear to be normal happy human beings. In a nutshell, not have cable TV won't kill you.

2) If you believe in monopoly, go and buy SH shares.

If you truly believe that SH are having a good go at a monopolistic business, abetted by the IDA, then for heaven's sake, quickly get out there and buy SH shares. They are a listed company with audited financial records, if they are really in such a strong profit position, whatever you take in from dividends and capital appreciation will outweigh whatever increase you pay. SH is a commercial entity, they make a profit for service provided, they are not in existence for the purpose of public service.

3) Blame the crazy EPL wages.

Just so you understand the flow of money: Sucker EPL fan --> Cable Service Provider (Starhub) --> Content Provider (ESPN/Starsports) --> Broadcast Rights owner to EPL --> EPL Clubs (Man Utd, Chelsea etc.) --> Players.

Top players are making over Sing$1 million a MONTH!! What do you expect? If you don't wish to afford it, don't pay your hard earned cash to Frank Lampard, John Terry and Rio Ferdinand.

Amen!

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Yes, there is a price increase, and No, I don't like it. BUT, its not like SH are entirely to blame or that you have no choice in the matter or measures to mitigate.

1) Cable TV is DISCRETIONARY!

Cable TV is not medical care, Cable TV is not utilities. If you don't want to pay for it, just cancel! My parents and a couple of friends of mine have never had cable installed, and they still appear to be normal happy human beings. In a nutshell, not have cable TV won't kill you.

2) If you believe in monopoly, go and buy SH shares.

If you truly believe that SH are having a good go at a monopolistic business, abetted by the IDA, then for heaven's sake, quickly get out there and buy SH shares. They are a listed company with audited financial records, if they are really in such a strong profit position, whatever you take in from dividends and capital appreciation will outweigh whatever increase you pay. SH is a commercial entity, they make a profit for service provided, they are not in existence for the purpose of public service.

3) Blame the crazy EPL wages.

Just so you understand the flow of money: Sucker EPL fan --> Cable Service Provider (Starhub) --> Content Provider (ESPN/Starsports) --> Broadcast Rights owner to EPL --> EPL Clubs (Man Utd, Chelsea etc.) --> Players.

Top players are making close to Sing$1 million a WEEK!! What do you expect? If you don't wish to afford it, don't pay your hard earn cash to Frank Lampard, John Terry and Rio Ferdinand.

Abit OT but last time they say cable TV will not have advertisements coz the consumers 'pay' for the programs (correct me if my impression is wrong).

But nowadays there are sooooooo many adverts that I feel that there is no difference between cable and 'free to air' tv. Why am i paying money to see adverts? :dunno:

Abit OT but last time they say cable TV will not have advertisements coz the consumers 'pay' for the programs (correct me if my impression is wrong).

But nowadays there are sooooooo many adverts that I feel that there is no difference between cable and 'free to air' tv. Why am i paying money to see adverts? :dunno:

well, depends...

if u see channels like 55, 56, then yes, no or not so much commercial... esp when they have drama going on... only adverts after the show, unlike in free to air, which they have about few commercials every 15mins.

that said, shows on AXN, Star, and blah blah blah, all have alot of commercials... think you can't control that... even those taiwanese channels... what i hate is on animax, the commercial time is really so darn long...

i still prefer channels which have whole show, only commercials on the end of it... best...

well, depends...

if u see channels like 55, 56, then yes, no or not so much commercial... esp when they have drama going on... only adverts after the show, unlike in free to air, which they have about few commercials every 15mins.

that said, shows on AXN, Star, and blah blah blah, all have alot of commercials... think you can't control that... even those taiwanese channels... what i hate is on animax, the commercial time is really so darn long...

i still prefer channels which have whole show, only commercials on the end of it... best...
Forget abt Animax, u know the sources.... :devil:

YES! It is time for Singapore to stand up to such unjust price increase! Cancel your subscription... it pays. If you change your mind later and sign up again, they will reward you and give you freebies and at a special promotional price too!

$10 increase for a month of EPL is fine by me. By parents and siblings in UK have to pay 5 pounds to watch each early Sunday game if they want to and they don't get any matches on Saturday. If they want to watch the four games in a month, that's S$60 on top of much higher subscription charges than us.

$10 increase for a month of EPL is fine by me. By parents and siblings in UK have to pay 5 pounds to watch each early Sunday game if they want to and they don't get any matches on Saturday. If they want to watch the four games in a month, that's S$60 on top of much higher subscription charges than us.

That is UK where the standard of living is much higher... In general employees there also earn more...

if u stay in UK & worked in UK, u earn pounds & spend pounds. can't really compare by currency conversion like this. my fren who is a PR in US (San Fran) asked why our cable so exp & over his side its less than US$1 per day. again u earn US$ & spend US$, that makes it cheap.

now back in s'pore, u earn S$ & spend more than S$1 per day on cable... thats exp. with price hike, i'll say juz let it go. like what dkw said, u won't die or become abnormal w/o cable may it be BBand or TV channels.

Terminate liao can go to coffeshops and pubs for matches, but if lets say ECL matches at midnight 2 to 3am then coffeeshop and pubs all closed, then how? Can view it online thru some software downloads but I heard its illegal...
LoL,buy entenna from Mustafa centre la,can get a few Indonesian n M'sian channels,thats what i do to watch football,EPL,Serie A and La Liga:thumbsup:

.........last year bus fare, incoming NETS, scv etc all bcuz of they monopolize the market, they can do wat ever they want

Maybe someone start a petition to see what is the response :lovegrin:
Big one, no use la .... even if u get a 4,000,000-signature petition, if The ONE says No, it's a NO! :dunno:
This is how our beloved "One Country, One Nation, One People" works! :think:

LoL,buy entenna from Mustafa centre la,can get a few Indonesian n M'sian channels,thats what i do to watch football,EPL,Serie A and La Liga:thumbsup:

oh.. it is clear ? i am thinking of that.. next year Euro Cup 2008 leh. :eek: however i dun feel good sitting at home watching soccer, will prefer like what we did at world cup.. scream and shout inside Mac Donalds.. great crowd to cheer with.

Status
Not open for further replies.