SG has no photography opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
markccm said:
comparing to other countries i think SG not so bad liao lah.

we r a fine city u know? ;p

I think it is pretty bad. The comparison is necessarily not entirely fair, as Singapore is so densely populated, but it is pretty bad. Go to any nature reserve, beach, park, or reservoir and see.

There are a lot warnings about fines posted, but I've never seen them enforced. I haven't even seen a single CWO group in Singapore yet, but I see people littering unashamedly in public, releasing foreign animals into the environment, dumping industrial waste, etc.

The sole reason why some areas (mostly of the touristy kind) look moderately clean (and even the "clean" spots are still littered with cigarette butts) is that the government hires an army of workers to clean up behind it's citizens.

Yeah it's true... Singapore sucks.... No phototgraphic opportunity at all as what your foreign friends say...

Thats because we dont have mountains nor massive national parks..... We dont have deserts or large river systems. Nor do we have white sandy beaches....

We ONLY have Sungei Buloh where one can snap shots a variety of migrating birds.... We only have Pulau Ubin where time seems to have stood still. We have Chek Jawa where one can see marine life up close and personal and if you are lucky a tame wild boar too. We only have "NORMAL" sunsets and sunrises which look unique due to the air composition of the island just as no Sunset around the world is the same.

We only have "a few" festivals from Chinese New Year to Thaipusam to the annual mega pasar malam at Geylang Serai. We have little India where one can see Indian culture up close and personal and grab a prata to eat while at it. We only have Churches and Temples side by side or Mosques and temples side by side. I guess its no big deal that one can get a picture of two religious establishment in the same shot. Especially where in some places in the world, one has to contend with religious groups arguing and fighting about whose temple or church or mosque should be on the piece of land.

We only have a island populated by HDB flats which I guess is too insignifcant to foriegners... We have a multi racial society where one can see an two different races or more dining together....

So yeah we are lousy and we have no photo opportunities... just some of the "TRIVAL" little unique things we have as mentioned above...Winkzzzzzz

not be rude, but your friends clearly do not know what they are talking about, singapore is one of the best regions for photography, from beautifull sunsets and beaches to the vibrant colours of little india, to the diverse range of plants and insects, and dont forgot the pretty models! Also remmeember many people are pro photographers in singapore and make a very gd living from it, something must be right then??? Dont count singapore out just yet!

if you grew up in the countryside or on a mountain you would find country scenes and mountains boring.

Personally I think that the urban landscape of singapore is beautiful. the symmetry of HDB flats is beautiful. even blandness can be interesting

look harder.

zaxh81 said:
Always your friend say, so what you say?
I dun think he's got anything to say other den something controversial or obvious and scoot off. :bsmilie:

drtokina said:
got a couple of foreign friends who grumbled saying that SG is not a place for good phtography.

there is nothing to take in SG.........

:eek:

I take it that this is a joke ???

Or is that you are pointing out that your friends are not into photography ???

It is a joke isn't it.

Not a very funny one though.

ortega said:
SG also have nice scenery to shoot what
just that ppl too lazy to go there
and no eye to see

agree totally..

just look at some of the shots in the A Pic A Day forum..

i see some super impressive shots there... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TMC said:
then they have no eye for photography. They should sell their stuff and pick up another hobby.

Claps ! Claps ! Claps........

Ask them to rear goldfish !:)

Why are we responding to a thread that says "someone else says", where that someone else will never get to read what you type.

AReality said:
Why are we responding to a thread that says "someone else says", where that someone else will never get to read what you type.

because we have nothing to shoot so we post in forums :bsmilie:

Sing is small.
The land is limited in size and thus no wide expanses and grand scenery like in China, USA, Europe, etc.....
Also no variety of tribal costumes or sub-cultures like in Yunnan and Manchuria.
No big Amazon jungle nor Safari land full of lions, rhinos, wilderbeests.

Sorry no Borobodur nor Angkor Wat nor pyramids to photograph.
We do not have >500 years history.

Make do with what you got and if need to, travel to nearby lands. It is affordable with budget airlines.

Anyway, nowadays people in Sing touchy about photos being taken.

drtokina said:
got a couple of foreign friends who grumbled saying that SG is not a place for good phtography.

to me i think every place are for good photography, only depent ur skill... do urs agree??:sweatsm:

Hmm ... I think the moon in singapore is smaller and the MOON IN OTHER COUNTRY IS BIGGER AND ROUNDER .. grass is also greener !!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

usually people like this can ask them go fly kite

Indeed. Whatever pictures that hobbists refused to take in Singapore, working photographers make a living out of taking those pictures. :bsmilie:

Isn't this is what photography all about?
Turning the seemingly non-opportunity
into photo opportunity?
Making unexciting exciting?

If you expect a magic moment
or an instant majestic scene
every time you point your lens
Foget about shooting
Because photography is about seeking
It is about findling new meaning
in the very ordinary everyday life
and how we celebrate it.

When you open a door
and you don't see a picture
you are looking at a picture
and with some imagination
maybe there is a TFCD model in it.

drtokina said:

I'm surprised that the foreigners are grumbling. I mean if you are foreign to a country, you should find their place, people and culture interesting. So should translate to tons of photographic opportunities.

There are always 2 distantive types of photographers, those that think everything is boring and those that think every little thing is interesting to shoot.

my friend say overseas have nothing to shoot. only got trees and rivers which can be found everywhere else. only singapore have HDB flats, shenton way buildings, boat quay and clarke quay.

my friend also say drtokina have another nick in CS called .

well my friends,

the good comments are appreciated.

i wld say the same thing.

i think SG has a lot of good lace ot take pictures.

even singaporean comlained "what to take here ?"

i guess its what to see to take......:)

to those who make ill commnets or personal Remarks which is not true,

please DO NOT offer SUCH REMARKS AND RESPECT th erights of others.

i dont know why man csers like to make bad negative remarsk of other csers...?

"good comments have good value for others to learn;
bad comments have nothing"

hmmm.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.