SFF'04 Carnival Concert I

Status
Not open for further replies.

oeyvind

Feb 25, 2002
www.oeyvind.org
Had a wonderful time last evening at the Singapore Fireworks Festival Carnival Concert I...

32014996.jpg

Kim Lian from Holland

32015000.jpg

Victor Wong 黄品冠

32015164.jpg

Lin Yi-Chen 林依晨

32015006.jpg

Bobby Dou Zhi-Kong 竇智孔

continues...

Great shots !!!

Mind asking ? Did you hand-held or using tripod ? What is the ISO setting ?

freefall7 said:
Great shots !!!

Mind asking ? Did you hand-held or using tripod ? What is the ISO setting ?

Thanks.

Handheld at ISO 800 wide open Tv abt 1/100~1/400s and E-TTL flash

Nice series again, Tim :thumbsup: ..... Just curious, unlike your earlier series on F.I.R., any particular reason for using E-TTL during the concert ? or just mere convenience ? :think: I remembered u controlled the flash output by ( 0 to -2 ) at HRC. Did you use the custom function ? ... like u said before :D , a lot of people dun like E-TTL

AhV said:
Nice series again, Tim :thumbsup: ..... Just curious, unlike your earlier series on F.I.R., any particular reason for using E-TTL during the concert ? or just mere convenience ? :think: I remembered u controlled the flash output by ( 0 to -2 ) at HRC. Did you use the custom function ? ... like u said before :D , a lot of people dun like E-TTL

Thanks, I use flash to fill in and to freeze some action. I almost always use E-TTL instead of manual mode flash.

This time the FEC was abt 0 to -1 1/3. Not sure what C. Fn you're referring to though. If it's C. Fn 4-1/3, then that's my standard setting anyway.

Come to think abt it, an off-camera flash might help get rid of some of the shadows...

yup..that's the one .... So, that Custom function is 'THE' setting...since you use it as a standard setting, it has never failed you ? spot-on exposure ? :D

Hey Oeyvind, very nice pics you got there. :) Any post-processing done?

And another qn besides those that have poured in, you directed ur flash straight ahead? Or bounced using Omnibounce? ;)

Newbie wanting to learn more...

AhV said:
yup..that's the one .... So, that Custom function is 'THE' setting...since you use it as a standard setting, it has never failed you ? spot-on exposure ?

So far so good, works well on D60 before as well... I have no idea why others having problem with E-TTL. Learn the system, adapt and make it work for you that's my way anyway.

Sleepless said:
Any post-processing done?

And another qn besides those that have poured in, you directed ur flash straight ahead? Or bounced using Omnibounce? ;)

All digital image need some kinda post-processing one way or another. But nothing can make a bad picture good.

Direct flash without any diffuser or Omnibounce.

oeyvind, right. ;) Interesting direct flash can give such good results. :D Thought it'll make the background dark. :cool:

Great shots. Every artiste is as unique and individual as his/her background. Nicely captured and professionally executed (hey it rhymes!)...I generally don't like too much headroom in photos but the headroom in these shots are filled with myriads of colours which creates a different mood and feel for each singer.

I like how the lighting falls on Victor like an ethereal spot light. Nice work.

Thanks for sharing.

Kman

Sleepless said:
oeyvind, right. ;) Interesting direct flash can give such good results. :D Thought it'll make the background dark. :cool:

Not necessary dark background... it's all on how you want it to be.

As for the headroom on top, this is actually a professional advise given to me... "but don't forget to leave some room at top, for magazine covers..."

Status
Not open for further replies.