Serious newbie help needed - cannot do macro

Status
Not open for further replies.
hwchoy said:
sure anot? maybe you didn't RTFM enough? :think:
Don't worry, choy. I've done my homework before buying the cam. I knew it doesn't have full manual controls even before I lay my hands on it ... My P&S is the Fuji F11, U familiar with it? Pop's P&S is the Panasonic FX9, are u familiar with it also?

Maybe u know where the manufacturers hid the manual focus function :think: If u do, pls let us know :bsmilie:

Thanks for the advice anyway :)

Oh, I see ... Canon G5 is a prosumer camera with full manual controls, F11 & FX9 are simple P&S cameras with limited controls, no manual focusing ... I hope now u know the difference :)

Cheers! :cheers:

pop said:
nah, surely I have to give your 'loupe method' a try. ever thought of patenting that? ;)
QUOTE]

:bsmilie: My uncle told me to engineer a dog that doesn't produce any waste at all. I'd probably patent that if I ever got it!

fWord said:
:bsmilie: My uncle told me to engineer a dog that doesn't produce any waste at all. I'd probably patent that if I ever got it!

too late, sony's already done it with aibo. :bsmilie:

fWord said:
pop said:
nah, surely I have to give your 'loupe method' a try. ever thought of patenting that? ;)
QUOTE]

connect a hose from its arse to its muzzle? :sweat:

woah.. fWord... if you didn't mentioned, i would not even think that a P&S Camera can produce such great DOF after some modification..

pop said:
too late, sony's already done it with aibo. :bsmilie:

And Singapore Post is selling the iDog. But I want to create one that is every bit like a real dog we have these days, minus the mess and cleanup. :bigeyes:

dAoNi said:
woah.. fWord... if you didn't mentioned, i would not even think that a P&S Camera can produce such great DOF after some modification..

The modification really cuts down the DOF. Most of the time, I wish for greater DOF, otherwise it's a challenge trying to get the important parts in focus. In the end, I still try for the eyes, just as it is with animals. :)

hmm I dunno if this might work for you, but to reduce vignetting, what you do is you zoom in a little until the vignetting is partially or almost gone, then move the camera back till you get a focus.

this not only reduces (or even eliminate) vignetting, but reduces barrel distortion as well (i.e. when a flat surface looks curved).

hope that helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.