Sennheiser Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PX200 is a portable headphone, so it is quite difficult to get a perfect sound fit. If not you have to go for the chunky HD series headphone, which can be quite ungainly and troublesome when using it on the move.

Currently using a HD590...bass is quite good (at volume level 4 of my IBM). I can actually hear some bass sounds that i can't with my old Sony earphones.

Very impressed with the headphones also. I can actually hear clearly what my bro is talking in the next room thru my laptop mic + HD 590, which I can't with my sony...:bsmilie:

dreamerz said:
haha...urs is window based fone can use window media player mine cant...mine is itune fone...haha...i gt it in sls oso...mine is a 2.5mm-3.5mm converter....ur phone jack is use wat jack?2.5mm?usb? coz gt diff jack...

I think Moto starts to standardise all headphone jacks since the MPx200, mine is a 2.5mm as well. :)

Koelsch said:
I'm a PRO-Sennheiser user since like 3years ago. Had HD215, EH2270 and currently HD215. Strong bass with solid effects. Like $130 now. =) really worth it but it's a dj headphone so expect ALOT of stares when you wear it in public. But ought to tell you that mostly all sennheiser headphones will tend to spoil on the left side only.

Haha, exactly, and I tried out the HD437, and I really love it, but the price is rather steep for my budget then, so instead I went for the PX-200. I will probably get the HD437 along with the mp3 player by end of this month.

Oh by the way, the headphones wasn't spoilt, it was the player, have been problematic since 3 to 5 years ago.

Anyway, any guys here have any idea which store in Singapore allows sampling?

kelccm said:
Can't really help you much with that. Perhaps my ear's shape is able to fit the PX200 better:bsmilie: Haha, just joking. Anyway I usually listen to techno and trance with my discman, so I usually have loads of bass in my music, so much that I can feel the whole headphone vibrating like a subwoofer.

But 1 thing I do realise is that your player will also make a big difference in the sound quality and the amount of bass produced. I have tried my PX200 on a lower end discman, and the sound produced is just....argh. But it is still much better than most earphones of course. Compared that to my discman, thats when you can get much more out from your headphone. (Btw I'm using the Sony D-NE20). Now I'm thinking of getting a portable headphone amp to further improve the sound. A bit overkill, but to achieve the best sound, one can go to the extreme...

Woo, portable headphone amp? Haha, that sounds cool though. I will be checking out all accessories I can possibly get by late-February though, will be great if I can gather some information from you guys. :)

In fact, I am considering to acquire a MP3 CD player with equaliser setting instead.

+evenstar said:
Currently using a HD590...bass is quite good (at volume level 4 of my IBM). I can actually hear some bass sounds that i can't with my old Sony earphones.

Very impressed with the headphones also. I can actually hear clearly what my bro is talking in the next room thru my laptop mic + HD 590, which I can't with my sony...:bsmilie:

Ah, thats one lovely true audiophile-quality headphone, which is kind of far-fetch (or at least sort of) for streetwear? I have been using a HD 595 given to me as a gift last Christmas with my room's stereo set though, I don't really think I should bring it out, haha, too LARGE.

Slivester said:
I think Moto starts to standardise all headphone jacks since the MPx200, mine is a 2.5mm as well. :)
haha..u can go sls 1st floor the center there sell hp assesories...n be reminded the jack gt 2 strips n 3 strips 1...moto 1 should b 3 strips 1...n remember to try first...

Slivester said:
Haha, exactly, and I tried out the HD437, and I really love it, but the price is rather steep for my budget then, so instead I went for the PX-200. I will probably get the HD437 along with the mp3 player by end of this month.

Oh by the way, the headphones wasn't spoilt, it was the player, have been problematic since 3 to 5 years ago.

Anyway, any guys here have any idea which store in Singapore allows sampling?

Hung brothers at Simlim Square. 3rd level. i got all my stuff there and they're rather friendly but they have a high range one as well. Or Taka too, the camera section on the 2nd floor if i'm not wrong. =)

Hmm...

I own the Sennheiser HD497 headphones, coupled with the Marantz CD63 MKII KI-Signature - Heavenly!

Anybody knows where to replace the material covering the sponge? Mine looks as if it's been through war zone.

behyx said:
Hmm...

I own the Sennheiser HD497 headphones, coupled with the Marantz CD63 MKII KI-Signature - Heavenly!

Anybody knows where to replace the material covering the sponge? Mine looks as if it's been through war zone.

dunno d name, but got a shop at Sim Lim Sq L3 near escalater, tt sell (mayb need 2 order 1st?). d shop oso sell other headphones, mic, etc. :)

last time i casually asked d price of my replacement ear pads 4 my HD570. ttz $50!! :bigeyes:

behyx said:
Hmm...

email senn asia or take a risk and go down to Hung bros cos they might not have stocks.

Hung Brothers at SimLim Square 3rd level. Just in front of the escalator. anyway it yours are those leathery type, gotta send in to sennheiser for replacement.

+evenstar said:

go to Hung Brothers, do an A/B trial betwen the HD590 and the HD600/650. Oh, go to the ATM first. :sweatsm:

that was what happened to be when I went to buy a pair of Senn. I ended up buying the HD600.

behyx said:
Hmm...

go to hung brothers, ask for Jacque/Jacqueline and exude your utmost charm. she will order it from Senn Asia if you are really nice. :p

If you guys think Sennheiser headphones are heavenly, wait till you try Grado Reference Series 1 (RS-1). The word "heavenly" multiply by a zillion.

hwchoy said:
......unfortunately my wallet disagrees
If you think of it this way: buying a pair of hi-end speakers, plus a pair of hi-end speaker cables and a personalized listening room (your skull). The price tag of S$2,000 is not too expensive after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.