Sending CDs by mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstone

I'm sending in CDs to a model. I want it to arrive to her safely and in one piece. Can I just pop them into the mailbox?

Am thinking to send by Registered Mail, but no time to pop by post office.

Advice needed. Thanks in advance! :D

redstone said:
I'm sending in CDs to a model. I want it to arrive to her safely and in one piece. Can I just pop them into the mailbox?

should be ok... remember to tape the cover to prevent any dislodge, or better still, tape the disc to the case.

maybe if ur scared the cd landing into the wrong hands by accident, can zip up all the images then put a password on the zip file before u burn into cd.

I've send many CDs out to friends and families. I usually go to SingPost and buy the cd box from them and then send either by registered main or normail mail. So far no problem. Those CDs are quite tough.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
should be ok... remember to tape the cover to prevent any dislodge, or better still, tape the disc to the case.

Just put the CD into envelope, put in mailbox can liao?

Actually she lives quite near my place, can just slot into her mailbox. But I don't think that it would be right to do it. Private residence (as opposed to HDB) somemore.

since she stay so near, why don't you meet her up and pass her the CD yourself :sweatsm: shy :p ?

haiyos just drop it by her house. right? if not, i send cds out by normal posting. and if you're so cautious then by singpost mail lor.

redstone said:
Just put the CD into envelope, put in mailbox can liao?

Actually she lives quite near my place, can just slot into her mailbox. But I don't think that it would be right to do it. Private residence (as opposed to HDB) somemore.

hmm, i dun see why cannot leh. mailbox belongs to hers mah ;)

Zaknafein said:
hmm, i dun see why cannot leh. mailbox belongs to hers mah ;)

actually most of the mailbox like HDBs ones are central locked by Singpost, so u can't 'spam' them, alternatively can leave it with the security guard if any...

i send cd by mail all the time. Never before the postman fail. But if fail, then resend loh... but make sure you put the pictures in one big zip and pasword it in case it fall into wrong hands.

i sent dvds to my friends via the same method

the postage for 1 CD is roughly $0.31, just be warned that you will receive $0.01 and $0.02 stamps as change :bsmilie:

redstone said:

Nothing wrong. I have sent many before.

Just write: DO NOT BEND and it should be ok.

And I did not even use an envelope. I used an A4 writing paper and folded it to match the size of the CD.

You can pay normal postage.

Hope this helps.;)

Dude

I've been posting CDs by mail to my fren all tis while. Never got lost or anything unusual. Why go all e trouble with registered mail n stuff. Cuz i believe if in 2 days time ur fren dont receive the CD, burn another 1 n send again. Just 50cts postage.

Status
Not open for further replies.