Selection of work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
Just a quick and small selection of work, since I'm doing all my Internet stuff off my mobile phone at the moment. I've been very busy, literally making hay while the sun shines this last week, and I must be on about 2 Gig of pics/1500 or so pics. About half of that is wildlife, the other half sports. Here's a very small helping of the first half:

web03.jpg

web15.jpg

web25.jpg

web27.jpg

web44.jpg

Originally posted by Jed

web15.jpg

Great light and background. as its such a tiny bird, i guess you were using your big glass+TC for this?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nice Pics!! Especially like the two flying ducks.

I love the flying ducks too!:) Nice Job!

I really like the 2nd photo which looks like a Warbler(?) with a really lovely backdrop. A Goldcrest perhaps? It's really too small to see, are there any catchlights in its eyes from the sunlight? What are your thoughts on using a flash extender setup (like the Better Beamer) to "throw" some fill-flash to produce catchlights?

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm trying to I.D. the bird myself, will do once I get hold of my guides again but as I'm temporarily out of college and everything's in storage, that will have to wait for a bit.

Yes, some fill would have been nice, in fact I think I did have; but yes a flash extender would have been good, I was set up mainly to shoot the mallard hunting toads, as well as that moorhen, but while waiting, took some shots of this bird as well.

The rig was an effective 1200mm lens. (400mm + 2x TC + 1.5x FLM)

web44.jpg

think this one stands out..

ummm, you mean there are people who don't know what camera Jed is using????? (and regulars somemore) See lah Jed, your posts are too long, nobody bothers to read them.... :)

Originally posted by AdamGoi

Based on the specs that he's given, I assume it's one of the DSLR from the Nikon D1 series?

The geese one is beautiful, and the warm light is lovely.

Geese. They're geese. Ducks are coming up... in a new thread.

No, I don't want a 1D, simply because I have no lenses to put on the end of it. And simply couldn't afford a 400/2.8 to go with it (no flames please, simple fact of life). But I do want one only for my sports work, for other work the D1x is probably a better all round camera. Yes, I know the difference in FLM-ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.