Second Hand Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetplay

Sep 27, 2007
duplicity_.livejournal.com
hi all, anyone knows where i can find a decent nikon sb-600 or sb-800 second hand flash? what prices shld i be looking at? or is it better to get a new flash? pls help!

expensive: new flash, less chance to brake down under normal usage, and you have 1 year warranty.

less expensive: gray set flash, (parallel import set), new flash with shop warranty (none agent warranty)

cheaper: used set, price depends on condition, with remind warranty will be higher price. expired warranty set will be cheaper, any brake down have to pay repair fee.

you can find used flash set at Buy/Sell: Lenses and Flashes

and gray flash set at Consumers Corner

and the price of the new flash set and shop info at Nikon Price Guide (Singapore) 2007 -2008

I would suggest getting a brand new flash because you do not know what the condition is like of the used flash, worse, you wouldn't know how much it has been tortured. =D Just some food for thought

with regards to the TS' question, what should one look out for when buying a 2nd hand flash? =D

Or you could consider 3rd party makers like sigma 530 super. New set price is about same as 2nd hand price of original brand.

ic... yeah thats also one option... but some feel that it aint as strong as the original flash. (e.g. 580EX Mk II)... heard something about the bulb wearing out as we cant tell how many times the previous user has fired the flash right?

Status
Not open for further replies.