second curtain sync with 550/10D

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragdolll

Aug 30, 2004
Hi guys, quick question, I've been using the 420EX for awhile and I just got my hands on a 550EX. Been trygint oget the flash to do a second curtain sunc.

it doesnt seem to do it.

I try the method found on page 49 of manual and depress teh + and - buttons but it doesnt switch to 2nd curtain sync. it just switched teh hi-spd sync icon on and off.

Even when my 10D's CF is set to second curtain, it doesnt go to second curtain.

does anybody have any ideas?

flash is at ETTL.

ragdolll said:
Hi guys, quick question, I've been using the 420EX for awhile and I just got my hands on a 550EX. Been trygint oget the flash to do a second curtain sunc.

it doesnt seem to do it.

I try the method found on page 49 of manual and depress teh + and - buttons but it doesnt switch to 2nd curtain sync. it just switched teh hi-spd sync icon on and off.

Even when my 10D's CF is set to second curtain, it doesnt go to second curtain.

does anybody have any ideas?

flash is at ETTL.
When you press the + and - button together, you'll toggle between 2nd curtain sync...2nd curtain sync is denoted by a sign which shows 2 triangles, one shaded one unshaded.

I am not sure about how EX 550 work... but I try playing around with second curtain syn using B first... it seems easier to control, then, at other shutter speed....... just my 2 cents..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.