scanning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

langzi

hi guys..me new to digital here, esp to scanning, so need some help.

recently just bought a Canon CanoScan 660U, and i tried to scan negs with it. but then the pics come out very big!! i exported it to PhotoShop with that result. as a result of that expansio, the image became ait blur...is there a problem with my scanner?

Also, how come if i wanna print in PhotoShop i change the print size it also altered the image size, making the file size much bigger??

wld appreciate any help.

cheers,
leonard

Originally posted by langzi
hi guys..me new to digital here, esp to scanning, so need some help.

recently just bought a Canon CanoScan 660U, and i tried to scan negs with it. but then the pics come out very big!! i exported it to PhotoShop with that result. as a result of that expansio, the image became ait blur...is there a problem with my scanner?

Also, how come if i wanna print in PhotoShop i change the print size it also altered the image size, making the file size much bigger??

wld appreciate any help.

cheers,
leonard

First, the qualty. The D660U is a flatbed scanner, it's not optimized to scan film though it can. So, the quality is likely to be bad whatever resolution you scanned it at. We don't have $1000 and above dedicated film scanners for nothing. You do get what you pay for.

Output size, resolution in pixels per inch, image size are closely related. Uncheck the "Resample Image" if you want to alter output size without changing image dimensions.

For more understanding about resolution stuff, read this article

Regards
CK

CK has covered most of the pertinent points. You'll find that once you get used to digital and understand it and can use it to its strengths, it's very very good, even at today's technology level. Which is why, it's a very exciting time to be a photographer. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.