SB600 newbie

seansene

May 19, 2008
Just got hold of an SB-600 and I have to say, indoor shots now look SOOOO much better, now that I can control light, instead of hoping for the best. Shots are kept at ISO 200, regardless of the time of day. And contrary to my fears, bounce flash looks NOTHING like direct pop-up flash. If anything, the result looks entirely natural, as if someone opened up a window and let daylight in...

Very pleased :)

Cool. I'm still learning to use my SB-600 as well.
Some challenges (when I go to school to shoot my kids or wife's school event) sometimes as I move, the ceiling sometimes have beams or structure that will kinda block my flash etc.
sometimes 1/2 open air, 1/2 walk-way etc. So trying to get the bounce flash is really a challenging. Got to keep trying. ; p
But fun and lotsa learning, experimental, try & error. : )

when i saw the title, i was thinking of street flasher... =\

Just got hold of an SB-600 and I have to say, indoor shots now look SOOOO much better, now that I can control light, instead of hoping for the best. Shots are kept at ISO 200, regardless of the time of day. And contrary to my fears, bounce flash looks NOTHING like direct pop-up flash. If anything, the result looks entirely natural, as if someone opened up a window and let daylight in...

Very pleased :)

Have you practiced to shoot at night time ?
Would be even challenging :devil: