Sarong Party Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
benign>well since ST published the article, they've exposed every single reader-minor or not-to SPGs blog and its contents anyway. besides... so what if she thinks everything that comes from angmohs is superior? why do you think that she's 'SAD'? i'm interested to know.

acceptable/unacceptable behavior is something that's very relative :(
something acceptable now might have been unthinkable in the past.

besides, artistic nudity isn't something new... sculptures and paintings of nude(or almost nude) figures are all around the globe. should my eyes ache from viewing a body in its natural unclothed manner, i will look at something else... there are so many other things i can lay my eyes on.

sbs99 said:
I noted the yesterday new papers are flogging the dead horse again with both gals telling their side of the story. Anybody gets attention from XX is bound to get attention from the papers...XX is a attention wh**e, and the papers love her. Sheesh.

Too much hype bout bloggers lately...even the gahmen getting into the act, schools promote blogging now? Juz a few 'black sheep' to tarnish the blogosphere...it's such a big circus now. Most of us just wanna be left alone actually. :nono:

yup, I think these gals just crave attention. don't understand. maybe wanna get themselves some sort of a celebrity status aka Paris Hilton?

so what if she thinks everything that comes from angmohs is superior? why do you think that she's 'SAD'? i'm interested to know.

Well, she would have a hard time of accepting herself first....being not ang moh. :bsmilie:

I have friends who are gays, lesbians and bi. They are wonderful pple too. Just that increasingly I got difficulties of not weeing on the urinals coz another guy/guys keep staring at me lor(finally, I found my sanctuary in the cubicles). :bigeyes: Is tis acceptable behaviour?

I love artistic nudity, particularly sculptures. But if it is perversed or could be mis-interpreted, then I think it is best kept from public views.....suitable only for those who would appreciate it. :(

I wouldn't be surprised that after ST publication on SPG. It could go either way- more SPGs or less SPGs. Depend on how well received it is on the young pple lor(being anti-social or at a rebellious age, I think I know the answer already).

p/s: I am not saying I am right in everything I stated, but just that I should be responsible enough to voice out my concern. In fact, we all should give more thoughts and considerations on sensitive issues. Of course, provided it is all in good faith. :sticktong

if you feel uncomfortable having stared at while doing your number uno, you should've voice it out? as you've said..."I should be responsible enough to voice out my concern." or are you afraid to voice out your concerns because the one troubling you is right before your eyes?

quite a number of rather nude and erotic paintings from those grandmasters are in art history books, museums... public domains... they're not kept away from public view are they? :) well anyone can just flip hr giger's necronomicon books in kinokuniya... pages and pages of rather sexually explicit artworks. the last time i checked, no one fussed over it... didn't notice anyone burning the books in kino either...

ps. other people may supply us with their views, but whether it's right or wrong, it's for ourselves to decide :)

are you afraid to voice out your concerns because the one troubling you is right before your eyes?

Kekeke, good try :thumbsup: :bsmilie: But tomboys do turn me on time and again.......

Yes, I thought about voicing my concern out at those 'onlookers'. Then on second thought, what I am going to do? make report and bring the matter to court as test case :think:

benign>you can always say "hi, excuse me. i'm not comfortable being stared at." or something along that line. :) don't needa drag them pants down to the court or something :embrass: but if they happen to deny their admiration towards your genitalia although you're 200% sure that they did it... then just give them a look to show that you won't stay quiet when your privacy is invaded...

reminds me of my ex-schoolmate in secondary school, he punched our then vice principal in the face when the vice principal was about to grope the poor boy in the toilet. the punched pervert then appeared on the newspaper complete with a large photograph of himself on the chinese papers.

Yeah man! She can try damn hard to be a ang-mo but skin deep, she is still a banana.
Try to be yourself and proud of our own races! I really look down on such person!

Yin said:
benign>you can always say "hi, excuse me. i'm not comfortable being stared at." or something along that line. :) don't needa drag them pants down to the court or something :embrass: but if they happen to deny their admiration towards your genitalia although you're 200% sure that they did it... then just give them a look to show that you won't stay quiet when your privacy is invaded...

reminds me of my ex-schoolmate in secondary school, he punched our then vice principal in the face when the vice principal was about to grope the poor boy in the toilet. the punched pervert then appeared on the newspaper complete with a large photograph of himself on the chinese papers.
One of those things wierdos do...

I suppose the poor boy oso kena for assault? The papers would had have a field day man.

xxx boy>erm. have you ever read her articles at all? where are you looking down to? can't a proud chinese girl yearn for a white spouse? :) can't a chinese man lust over a white vixen?

people might say that she's an attention seeker, but remember... she's not the one who published the articles about her sex life and nude photos on ST.

jsbn>while my then vice principal was in the fault, the newspapers displayed his photographs in large sizes, complete with his family details... wife, children. i cannot imagine what his family was going through with so many nosy singaporeans around. it's the fault of one man, but the whole family was humiliated in national newspapers.

can't a proud chinese girl yearn for a white spouse? can't a chinese man lust over a white vixen?

Yes, if it is in the name of love..not lust. :bsmilie:

Before a relationship begins, what makes a person so sure that ang moh is the perfect choice. Actually, there are Chinese born in the west u know :bigeyes:
Heard of ABC? American born Chinese, Australian born Chinese :sticktong

Not to mentioned, African Americans Hispanics Jews ...how do you differentiate them? Ang moh culture ley....born in the West too

What about the SPG's parents? They are Asians, so papa and mama is not the ideal sire? Then again at the end, what make of her and him? I used the word 'him' coz there are also Sarong Party Guys too. Since I am dun want to be labelled as a sexist. :sticktong

What are these SPGs? Not want to be Asians but physically Asians? Reminded me of a mother hen taking care of baby ducklings......the ducks grown up to be :confused:

By the way, the longest penis record is not held by an ang moh too. Would someone please tell them the fact Please. In case, they start making allegations (ang moh things longest) !

Jokingly, honestly and sincerely.
Benign

well i know that chinese people are born all over the world... (who doesn't?) plenty of singaporean born chinese, indonesian born chinese(that would be me), american born chinese(that would be my cousin's kids), we're raised to more or less the same values. well they're not related at all to why asian women/men shouldn't go for non asians?

dear sir, if you want me to list down all the races that i've come to know about, i will. however, it holds little to do with what we're talking about right now :)

love or lust, they're forces that drive people to get together.

as in the case of the people labelled as 'SPG', how do you know that they don't want to be asian? how do you judge that they aren't proud of their heritage? oh right... because they prefer non asian men?

i don't think i'm interested in researching into penis lengths anytime soon. and i'm not sure if ALL women who pick 'ang mohs' are into it just because of the size of their reproduction tools?

whatever our race is, i think everyone's the same. to me, if a chinese girl prefers indian men for example, she's no different than a girl who prefers men with specific facial features, or a girl who prefers men with certain style...

with love and logic,
yin

acroamatic said:
As to blogs being merely 'online diaries' (mattlock, not you... someone else mentioned this), I think that is a very narrow view. Blogging can be an excellent outlet for considered opinion, sharing views (through comments), immediate news (faster than mainstream media) and even education. Much like a forum... =)

yup, I agree with you on that point
sometimes I type too much and I say things that I haven't fully thought out
I get a lot of good opinion from various blogs
it is interesting to note what's happening overseas in relation to blogs also. Recently there was an investigation into some personal opinions made by a LaGuardia Community College professor which were politically incorrect (it may be another community college in New York), these personal opinions had been posted up on his blog. So even the land of free speech deals with blogs with quite a hard hand.
I think regardless of what each person thinks of the blog by this Sarong Party Girl, the bigger picture is that this kind of negative publicity and use of law to deter personal opinions on blogs in other cases will lead to the stunting of a very very powerful tool of the man on the street to voice his opinion.

Our media is highly regulated, our politicians tell us to join politics if we have something to say, the Speaker's Corner was a joke, and in the past one of the only real ways to voice our honest opinion was through coffeeshop talk, which can affect one or two people but does not have enough power to rally opinion together from a lot of people.

the Straits Times can turn public opinion against the legitimacy of blogs through the use of featuring blogs which they know can cause public outcry, such as this Sarong Party Girl, or "SCHOLAR WRITES RACIST REMARKS ON BLOG!!!"
I mean, sex, racism, all these are things which are sure to stir up negative public opinion.
You don't see the Straits Times doing writeups about blogs in a positive light, why should they after all since blogs can become direct competition to state-controlled media?

Personally I think that by reacting negatively to the girl involved in this fiasco rather than reacting at the way the Straits Times has sensationalised this issue, we are undermining one of the forms of free expression that you and I actually have.
The internet is a grey grey area, but that's the excellent thing about it. You and I can publish things which we would never be allowed to publish in real life, I would be really pissed off if one day I should have to censor myself before posting anything on my blog or on a forum.

Benign says that "I love artistic nudity, particularly sculptures. But if it is perversed or could be mis-interpreted, then I think it is best kept from public views.....suitable only for those who would appreciate it. "

Everything can be misinterpreted, I find it very disturbing that if one narrow minded person thinks that something is not acceptable then it should be banned. This is one of the reasons Singapore's art scene isn't exactly exciting.
Alot of art thrives on being controversial, simply because when something agitates people it causes them to ask questions. Like this SPG incident. it agitates us and causes us to discuss.

Benign, I think your disregard for Sarong Party Girl stems from the insecurity they create in you. Asian girl who doesn't like Asian man, what is wrong with Asian man, the Asian man asks himself?
It must be the father's, mother's, society's, fault, and never the Asian man's fault.
Singapore is becoming increasingly multiracial, many foreigners are coming in (right now about a quarter of the population is made up of foreigners, if I remember correctly)
Intermarriage between races is no longer a big deal. If I like indian women even though I am chinese, that shouldn't be something that causes great outrage. Each person has his own reasons for his likes or dislikes. Some people like chicken rice, some hate it. It's no big deal.
Have you asked yourself why SPGs get you so agitated?
It's not as if they form a big part of the population. Is there some sort of personal reason why you dislike SPGs so? Or are you really so keen on "Asian values" that you must condemn them?

Bug by my curiousity from the media, i was there at her blog yesterday, spending a whole two hours going through her posting, you might think i am sick, but after spending two hours at the blog i felt as if i had gone through a life long lesson from this young and energetic lady.

I am impress by how she view the bible, how she view the world and her kind of values.

Guys, if you keep an open mind and try reading the blog, i think you will have second thoughts about her views, the way the media put it is rather pessimistic. She obviously don't think that way and i feel that what she says are rather the facts of life.

I think it is the way we were brought up, a lot of us were being brought up rather traditionally with all the conservatives values from our great grand grand ancesters but have you really ask yourself is this for good or for bad? Is this what you want? Are you mature enough to reason out and differentiate between what you want and what is good for yourself instead of following your peers.

Her thought give me a new view in myself. I am very impress on how widely she read and her good command of english. I think she can be a very good presenter and sales person if she wants to.

Coming to the issue of skin colour, i am rather surprise that singapore being a multiracial society, do still separate skin colours. Try visiting a all black bar in South africa and you will know what i mean.

I remember the last time i was there to one of this black bar, minutes before entering the bar, the entire place still rocks and you can hear ppl yelling, the moment my company of friends enter the bar, even the mosquitos were quiet. The only thing that ram in the night is the music from the CDs the DJs were staring at us. There was about 10 min. of silence when chattering were heard and things get back to normal. It is the kind of experience you will never forget.

So be more open and more accomodating, this world will be a better place.

Pick what is good and make your own judgement call whether they are good values or bad. I would say not all of her thoughts were good but to each its own. Enjoy.

Everything can be misinterpreted, I find it very disturbing that if one narrow minded person thinks that something is not acceptable then it should be banned. This is one of the reasons Singapore's art scene isn't exactly exciting.

So, you are unlikely to misinterpret. :bsmilie:

And your version is the truth.

Then I rest my case. SPG is healthy, keep up the good works :thumbsup:

No wonder I was asked to stay away from Sg, if I ever going to find a wife (with good family values in sickness and in health till death do us apart).

p/s: Or is it? If you can't beat them....join the party :lovegrin:

Before I head for my warm bed, I have a suggestion:

In order for us to live harmoniously, I thought of a Win-Win situation for everyone........

Since we already have Sarong Party Gals, Can we please also have Sarong Party Guys? Who want to join me?

1.)
2.) Benign
3.)
4.)

Nite Nite........ :devil:

benign>he meant not for you to turn into sarong party girl/guy/shim, but to be more open minded. i don't have the right to command your mind to open itself magically. i think singapore will be much more harmonious if people start to try to understand why other people do certain things before they throw on the insults.

as i said, it'll be difficult if singapore's still living with the 'my mama told me so' kind of world. will they ever wonder why their mama told them so? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.