SANYO Ni-MH 2700 vs eneloop

lenechar

Jan 9, 2011
Hi Bros, its my first time to buy batteries for flash, whats the difference on SANYO Ni-MH 2700 vs eneloop?
I just find that mostly are using the eneloop for their flash
got this yesterday @ the IT SHOW

thank you

Hi Bros, its my first time to buy batteries for flash, whats the difference on SANYO Ni-MH 2700 vs eneloop?
I just find that mostly are using the eneloop for their flash
got this yesterday @ the IT SHOW

thank you

Sanyo Ni-Mh 2700 are normal NiMH batteries, but eneloops are Low self-discharge NiMH batteries (LSD NiMH).

Eneloops are lower in capacity around 2000 mAh but once charged can retain the charge for a much longer time. They also operate at a higher voltage compared to normal NiMH batteries.

Normal NiMH can come in larger capacities like 2700, but after charging, if left unused, will lose the charge relatively quickly, in a matter of weeks. Normal NiMH batteries operate at a slightly lower voltage as well (around 1.2 to 1.3V), causing some problems with some devices, flash being one of them.

You can read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_self-discharge_NiMH_battery

Last edited:
thank you for the info bro...

I should had bought the eneloop instead, :sweat::sweat:

I am using both I guess if you get genuine eneloop or sanyo should work perfectly without any problem. My friend got eneloop from an ebay seller from HK, He had issues like not powering device and draining very fast. later he realized eneloop that he got was fake.
I checked local sellers since there was bad experience of my friend i was cautious. I bought from artworkfoto but it was expensive and older model. Later i got from www fix sg, I ordered both sanyo ni-mh and eneloop batteries. Performance is great. The fix sg guy told me if flash takes very high current use sanyo 2700, if medium or low then use eneloop. i think i got the point that it more about the current. as long as authentic both of the battery options will give good result. but eneloop definitely has longer lifespan

You can get package deals (charger + battery sets) from many camera shops. I got my Maha charger from MS Color, came with 2 sets (4 units each) of Powerex AA batteries, which is similar to Eneloop.

Last edited:
I am using both I guess if you get genuine eneloop or sanyo should work perfectly without any problem. My friend got eneloop from an ebay seller from HK, He had issues like not powering device and draining very fast. later he realized eneloop that he got was fake.
I checked local sellers since there was bad experience of my friend i was cautious. I bought from artworkfoto but it was expensive and older model. Later i got from www fix sg, I ordered both sanyo ni-mh and eneloop batteries. Performance is great. The fix sg guy told me if flash takes very high current use sanyo 2700, if medium or low then use eneloop. i think i got the point that it more about the current. as long as authentic both of the battery options will give good result. but eneloop definitely has longer lifespan

Recommendations for high end flash such as Nikon SB-900 at Manual 1/1, I use a battery pack for my SB-900 still using Eneloop. But recycle time will decrease after a certain shots has been fired even with Battery Pack at M 1/1.

For a lower end flash like Nikon SB-600, using of M 1/1 using Eneloop, the recycle time is always normally short. That my experience with my SB-600 and SB-900 flash.