SanDisk Ultra SDHC Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
The label without the "II" is the new packaging for the new Ultra II cards.

You bought at 69 which is a ok price. I bought it a month back for $75.

And don't worry, Vector-M is the authorized agent for Sandisk for Singapore. And do not regret, Sandisk Ultra II are very good cards. I've never had any Sandisk flash memoruy failed on me ever. I've had 2 Kingstons and a Lexar died on me before.

And don't worry, Vector-M is the authorized agent for Sandisk for Singapore. And do not regret, Sandisk Ultra II are very good cards. I've never had any Sandisk flash memoruy failed on me ever. I've had 2 Kingstons and a Lexar died on me before.

I agree on the Sandisk part but i used to use Kingston before swtching to Sandisk and my Kingston one still went on strong. Even as now i use Sandisk thumbdrive, CF card and microSD, ironically 1 1GB thumbdrive and 1 8GB microSD died on me even after less than 2 years of usage.

I couldn't be bothered to send it for servicing, i just buy new ones instead.

actually i don't understand what u mean when the SD card fail? as in one day it just cannot record issit? cos so far used so many different brands no problem, kingston, transcend, pendrive, sandisk.. maybe cos i not heavy user...

now i have both kingston 8gb Class 4 and Sandisk 8gb Ultra (also class 4), but hor Kingston MIJ whereas Sandisk MIC, i know it doesn't matter cos it's QC more important, but then seems kingston still more value for money until e day it fails on me lah

From my own experience memory chip usually can b damage due to overheat problem. Some of us do have a habit, for eg; leave the memory card in the card reader for a long time. This will create heating up problem or maybe accidently pull out your card reader when its still reading. there could b thousand & 1 of reason that it can b damage. Other then poor quality of the memory. We can only try to prevent but cant stop it from happening. :)

Last edited:
*edit*

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.

I also bought this card (8GB) during the show...

Last night i tried to connect to my PC using my old SD card reader... to my surprise, I could not access the card!

So, today I bought the new SD card reader (support sdhc) and now can access the card... :)

Sandisk Updated the picture of the new Ultra II card.... http://www.sandisk.com/products/imaging-cards/sandisk-ultra-ii-sd-and-sdhc.aspx

it's all good :thumbsup:

weird... seems like Sandisk can't make up their minds which pic to use... been reverted back to the old pic but they are inter-using both the old n new version all over their website http://www.sandisk.com/products/imaging/sandisk-ultra-sdhc.aspx :dunno:

anyways here's the new line up http://www.sandisk.com/media/325510/sandisk_ultra_sdhc_family_534x300 sep3.jpg

sandisk_ultra_sdhc_family_534x300%20sep3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.