SanDisk says it produced some bad 32GB and 64GB microSD cards

Well, unless you have a habit of destroying your hard disks, the memory modules in your mobile phone and all your USB drives, memory cards etc, it is a risk you would have to live with anyway.

Yes I do believe in the destruction of memory storage devices if I'm disposing of them. It's just like shredding confidential paper documents, isn't it?

Wow... lucky my 32GB is from another brand. :sweat:

Yes I do believe in the destruction of memory storage devices if I'm disposing of them. It's just like shredding confidential paper documents, isn't it?

Yeah. I wipe and remove my hard drive before selling my laptops for scrap, but I don't really care about my memory cards. I just simply wipe it a couple of times before proceeding to sell them.

I know wiping is not foolproof, and a determined individual can certainly recover the wiped files. Still, There is nothing too confidential in there I would get uptight about. Some pictures of family and friends smiling and my commercial and personal works. That's all. Certainly no Edison Chen style pictures! ;-)

mine went dead on me few month back and after replacement, the msg of "unexpected removal of memory card..preparing memory card" re-appear again.

Today, the replacement card went dead again .....

actually when u guys says the card went dead does it mean can't read at all? or

the unexpected removal of sd card...preparing memory card quote?

cos im those quotes..

actually when u guys says the card went dead does it mean can't read at all? or

the unexpected removal of sd card...preparing memory card quote?

cos im those quotes..

Today, can't read @ all.

Hi! guys. my friend's card got issue. where to get replacement ah? I think don't have receipt or the blister card that came with it. Still can change?

I've got a 8gb sandisk extreme cf card- can take a few photos but can't take videos- after recording and finishing the event, the video files are not recorded... happened twice, and then permanently cannot record videos. They have a lifetime warranty but cannot exchange as i don't have the receipt.

going for cheaper alternatives like transcend and silicon power. Learned painful way that more expensive doesn't mean more reliable...

Today, can't read @ all.

Hi! guys. my friend's card got issue. where to get replacement ah? I think don't have receipt or the blister card that came with it. Still can change?

no luck...if its sandisk u need to have vector magnetics label on the blister card.

SanDisk Authorized Distributor in Singapore

and..for those using for phones..
try do a reformat (if still can read but on/off thing) on ur phone..dun put much stuff inside..maybe add a few songs/images..take photos using the memory card..see if it works..
that what i did to my sandisk grey/red version. and it works now..

no luck...if its sandisk u need to have vector magnetics label on the blister card.

SanDisk Authorized Distributor in Singapore

and..for those using for phones..
try do a reformat (if still can read but on/off thing) on ur phone..dun put much stuff inside..maybe add a few songs/images..take photos using the memory card..see if it works..
that what i did to my sandisk grey/red version. and it works now..

There are actually 3 official distributors of Sandisk in Singapore. Vector Magnetics is only one of them.

Darn! My SanDisk MicroSD Ultra 32GB locked/dead a few weeks ago when i was travelling Europe. Brought last year October at SLS retailshop.
Anybody has the right procedure to RMA/Exchange this? No box/receipt. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Darn! My SanDisk MicroSD Ultra 32GB locked/dead a few weeks ago when i was travelling Europe. Brought last year October at SLS retailshop.
Anybody has the right procedure to RMA/Exchange this? No box/receipt. Thanks in advance!

No receipt it's tough. RMAed one SanDisk last year had to email receipt to them. Sent to HK. RMA on SanDisk website directly.

mine should be coming in from Taiwan for RMA next week!!!!!!!!!! gonna sell that damn thing..and get other brand..just did the emailing stuff last week!!!!!!!!!