SanDisk says it produced some bad 32GB and 64GB microSD cards

Space

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
"SanDisk has been made aware of potential product issues involving a very small percentage of its 32GB and 64GB SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSD cards. Under certain circumstances the cards may lock up and the card becomes inaccessible. The issue has been identified and a manufacturing fix has already been put in place. SanDisk stands behind its products and any customer who experiences this issue with the microSD cards cards is asked to contact the SanDisk support center for a resolution immediately."-SanDisk

sandisk-32gb-microsdhc.jpg

SanDisk says it produced some bad 32GB and 64GB microSD cards

Anyone had the below problem?

My 32GB card on my Samsung 7.7 lock up 2 times...

my 32 gb micro SD loced up with my galaxy S3, and is now inaccessible.

mine so far are ok.. and I counted 5 in my family.

i wonder if any other devices other than the Galaxy S3 are affected as well, before this turns into an S3 bashing thread :bsmilie:

just got a 64gb Micro SD for my Xperia Z. hopefully nothing happens :)

Last edited:
anyone have this problem?

not sure its a lock up or wad...

mine is red/grey 32gb sandisk.

will be reported by the phone system ' unexpected removal of memory card..preparing memory card...' thingy..

uses on Samsung Note.

i wonder if any other devices other than the Galaxy S3 are affected as well, before this turns into an S3 bashing thread :bsmilie:

just got a 64gb Micro SD for my Xperia Z. hopefully nothing happens :)

Same here. I've had a 64GB in my phone for a while now and it's working fine

anyone have this problem?

not sure its a lock up or wad...

mine is red/grey 32gb sandisk.

will be reported by the phone system ' unexpected removal of memory card..preparing memory card...' thingy..

uses on Samsung Note.

I have the same problem as yours in my S3.. Now cannot be recognised anymore..

Is this only an issue on Samsung phones...?

So many cs having faulty cards... the statement by sandisk should be "very big" instead "very small" ..

Wondering if it is the base model cards or the Ultra (half red/grey) cards or both that are affected? I am using the base model cards btw.

*Edit:... the announcement says " Mobile Ultra microSD cards" so that is why I have no problems. I am not using the ultra cards...

Last edited:
I have three 32gb and one 64gb ultra cards and intermittently some cards hangs my gopro hero 3 white. Did a timelapse on my NEX 6 and fill up 3/4 full no problem

All cards have one similar problem in that if I tried to transfer large volume of data over from PC to these cards to fill up for testing purposes, the PC will always complain either card is ejected so transfer failed or tries to format card due to card not formatted 10-25% of the way. I use a SDXC compatible card reader.

Anyway, how to seek replacement from them. I've misplaced the proof of purchase. Pointers please.

mine went dead on me few month back and after replacement, the msg of "unexpected removal of memory card..preparing memory card" re-appear again.

Last edited:
Cant read or access my card. Coming from a S3 user..

mine went dead on me few month back and after replacement, the msg of "unexpected removal of memory card..preparing memory card" re-appear again.

welcome to the club bro...
recently install new ROM on my Note have the problem again..sandisk red/grey version..32gb..

How do u guys feel about sending your damaged cards for rma from sandisk? Personally, with confidential and sensitive data on micro sd cards used in mobile phones, I am pretty concerned (hopefully not paranoid) that whether sandisk attempts to recover and if so, what happens to the recovered data. Until now, I rather write off the money I spent on the card rather than seek an RMA.

How do u guys feel about sending your damaged cards for rma from sandisk? Personally, with confidential and sensitive data on micro sd cards used in mobile phones, I am pretty concerned (hopefully not paranoid) that whether sandisk attempts to recover and if so, what happens to the recovered data. Until now, I rather write off the money I spent on the card rather than seek an RMA.

Well, unless you have a habit of destroying your hard disks, the memory modules in your mobile phone and all your USB drives, memory cards etc, it is a risk you would have to live with anyway.