Sandisk Extreme III 4GB CF Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplemotion

Jul 5, 2006
Hello everybody,

I just got a Sandisk Extreme III 4GB CF card from AP at SL today (to be used on my Nikon D200). The weird thing is there is no 'switch' to toggle between 2GB and 4GB on the card. I can only format up to 2GB using my PC. A call to the Sandisk distributor mentioned that the new batch doesn't come with this 'switch' anymore.

Is this true? If so, I cannot seem to format 4 GB using my PC. Any bros out here using the Sandisk Extreme III 4GB CF card? Any ideas what could be wrong? :dunno:

Thanks for your help!

Dear all,

I finally managed to solve the problem. I realised the CF card is indeed 4 GB when I went to my Windows -> Administrative Tools -> Storage. I can see a 2 GB FAT32 partition as well as a 1.9GB unallocated partition. However, I realised I cannot delete the existing 2GB FAT32 partition nor could I create a new 1.9GB partition under Windows. The 'delete partition' option is greyed out.

In the end, I used my Linux operating system to 'fdisk' the CF card and managed to delete the 2 GB FAT32 partition. After which, I managed to create a new 4GB partition using 'fdisk' and set the partition type to FAT32. Everything works now!!

I'm not sure why my card doesn't work under 4GB in the first place..? :dunno: Anyway, I'm glad everything is fine now. Thanks for all your help!

Cheers!

Hello,

$263 if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.