Saint Andrew's - School Reopens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
alamak, hair at shoulder length of course not tolerated la xD

i see BC... my principal in SAJC from 98 to 99...

#1 - School Photographers
3159665493_3ebd582796_o.jpg

Sorry, OT a bit here... school kids nowadays very fortunate.. with all the latest photo gadgets..

Hi Saints

Great to see such nice pictures taken.
The tradition still lives on. Man..I dashed across 42 years ago at the old school premises.
My time was Sir Francis Thomas.

I'm in the Saint's Alumni Association and without fail I'm back in school enjoying Rugby Matches and Annual Dinner.

Hope to catch-up with you all Saints. "Up & On" :cool:

"U-P up, A-N-D, O-N on, up and on!"

The photos are really nice, captured the emotions and mood of the event.

Sorry, OT a bit here... school kids nowadays very fortunate.. with all the latest photo gadgets..

Yeah. Can't disagree with that. I myself have been blessed with photogear.

Hi Saints

The tradition still lives on. Man..I dashed across 42 years ago at the old school premises.

I'm in the Saint's Alumni Association and without fail I'm back in school enjoying Rugby Matches and Annual Dinner.

Hey there! That was some time ago huh?

"U-P up, A-N-D, O-N on, up and on!"

The photos are really nice, captured the emotions and mood of the event.

Thanks haha. You a saint?

Hi Saints

the SAOBA (now SAA) dinners are awesome! i always try to make it for everyone that i could.. !!!

I'm a flautist too. Who are you? I ought to remember you..

Huh?? I was in the band too during my time. Same same...a flautist. But of course, already forgotten how to read musical notes or play it anymore after so many years of non-playing.

Huh?? I was in the band too during my time. Same same...a flautist. But of course, already forgotten how to read musical notes or play it anymore after so many years of non-playing.

Eh? So many flautists here haha.

Thanks! Yes I'm a Saint. Just graduated sec4 from SAS, most probably going to SAJC =)

Nice to find another Saint on the boards! I'm not sure about the trees though haha.

EDIT: OH! That tree! Yes. They chopped it down to make way for the school courtyard. The Woodsville house is still there, though.

Ahem.... ZX... they didn't chop down YTP's tree... it still there.

The tree that he was probably referring to is the Banyan tree at the foot of Graham White Drive? Or were you refering to the banyan tree at the top of the slope? If you are then that tree was cut down by the Ministry of Transport when they first built the PIE.

Ahem.... ZX... they didn't chop down YTP's tree... it still there.

The tree that he was probably referring to is the Banyan tree at the foot of Graham White Drive? Or were you refering to the banyan tree at the top of the slope? If you are then that tree was cut down by the Ministry of Transport when they first built the PIE.

The one in front of the woodsville house in SAS complex. It's the courtyard now.

Yea! From SAJC during BC's times

I see. That's not too long ago actually.. what, 9, 10 years?

Add your name to this thread! Saints Clubsnappers: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459665

Last edited:
The one in front of the woodsville house in SAS complex. It's the courtyard now.

AHEM.... there was no tree infront of Woodsville house. The large rain tree in the center circus that most of us are familiar with is still there... at the steps leading to Robert's court from the Upper court. YTP made a big issue about keeping that tree since he planted it when he was a student in SA so BC argued to keep it when we rebuilt the Schools.

The tree gunawan was referring to "I tink they chopped down the old giant tree just inside the main gate ya? Last stepped foot there more than 20 yrs ago." is the one at the current diocese centre, I just couldn't figure if he was referring to the one at the bottom of the slope where the guard house now is or the one at the top of the slope where there use to be a set of stairs leading to the current bus stop, most old boys who come back ask about the original banyan tree that was planted there.

But I admittedly also missed his other reply where he said "I feel they shouldn't have cut the tree down. I believe it is easily more than 100 years old. Such a pity. We used to play wif the red seeds from the tree, shoot the teachers wif it"

That set of trees were on the top of the slope on what was in my time a sandy patch of ground where the P1s -3s would gather before afternoon session started and then got marched off to the lower primary hall on the 1st floor next to the old scouts den. It stood between the primary school side of the original building and the PIE.

Gunawan, they have not cut down all the trees. I recall 1 or 2 of the red seed trees still being ard. Have to check out the place when I have time at work.

The trees are unfortunately not more then 50 years old. We only moved into the Woodsville building in 1939 and the trees were planted after that. I recall a photo of the School from the bottom of the slope and it did not show the trees as already existing as yet.

EH. Alamak. Yeah, you're correct. No trees cut down. That tree next to woodsville house is still there, and the giant red atap seed trees are still next to the diocese centre I think. I always thought the tree was in front of the woodsville house from the time I was schooling before the village.

Last edited:
EH. Alamak. Yeah, you're correct. No trees cut down. That tree next to woodsville house is still there, and the giant red atap seed trees are still next to the diocese centre I think. I always thought the tree was in front of the woodsville house from the time I was schooling before the village.

heh... of course... and now that you know who I am... :bsmilie: you know why I can correct you with so much confidence ;)

:bsmilie: hahahaha... surely you aren't breaking out in sweat knowing that it's me?

Oh cmon, we're on good terms. What's the worst that could happen? ;)

We're getting soooo off topic here

Status
Not open for further replies.