[Saigon Saigon] Living in Saigon

chisiang

Oct 3, 2004
Ho Chi Minh City
www.swog.sg
I've been living in Saigon for a while now and I've not been using my stay here to the fullest. Mostly work and party (a lot). Anyhow, here's some shots. I hope to get back to photography again :sweat:

Motorcycle Kingdom - There are almost 1,000 new motorcycles being registered in the city every month!
_DSC0306.jpg

Recycling in Progress - Recycling is big business in Saigon. Nothing goes to waste.
_DSC0336.jpg

Generation - Pointed hat [outgoing] modern hat [incoming], traditions are being faced out everyday.
_DSC8601.jpg

Last edited:
Vietnam's workhorse - The Honda Super Cub. Everything can be transported on this bike, even a 2 meter kitchen fridge!
_DSC8631.jpg

Street Cobbler - Street cobbler was once easily found in Singapore too.
_DSC0324.jpg

Vietnamese Funeral - Procession starts at 6.30 am!
DSC_1783.jpg

DSC_1810copy.jpg

Love the pictures!! :thumbsup:

and I love the border ;p

Excellent set. Thanks for sharing!

thanks! The third is my favourite as well. In colours it look bad man. But after converting to B&W it is simply amazing!

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:
I'm surprised you take your 70-200 out on the streets. I don't dare do that. Just 2 weeks ago, my D40 got snatch while I was near Duc Ba... still haven't got my replacement yet. :(

You got snatched? No kidding!

Duc Ba is quite high traffic and police presence is quite high there. What time of the day did you go?

I know people snatch notebook and bags and phones, but camera so far not yet hear from anyone. The 2nd hand dealers for DSLR are also very caution when I tried to sell my D2X some times back. They asked for receipt and all.

Sorry to hear your mishap bro.

Well, it's been almost a year since my last post here. Here's some more photos taken quite a while ago

DSC_5707.jpg

DSC_5693.jpg

DSC_5678.jpg

_DSC8581.jpg

_DSC8602.jpg

until next time...

lmao... I hope you understand the meaning of "dien" haha.

I love Hanoi's weather as well but it's just a tat boring for me :)

lmao... I hope you understand the meaning of "dien" haha.

I love Hanoi's weather as well but it's just a tat boring for me :)

hahaha! Yea, at first didnt get it.. after a chat with hotel staff, got it :bsmilie:

Just hear the locals eating by the road side staring at me & whispering dien all the way down the street!