S5000 users fall in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kirayamato said:
Me mE mE

Arhmm i using lowepro D-Res 40 AW for my S5000, enough space for extra batts and closeup filter, wide angle converter, etc.

Close Filter for S5000????? :think: Kirayamato (Pilot of Freedom Gundam)

anyways just wan to check out too
how many of u take very macro shots using S5000?
by that i mean like 2:1 or 4:1 (roughly 35mm equivalent)

kirayamato said:
anyways just wan to check out too
how many of u take very macro shots using S5000?
by that i mean like 2:1 or 4:1 (roughly 35mm equivalent)

I like to use the Hoya Close-Up +4. Easy to handle with sufficient DOF for accurate focusing. Have tried using +2, +4 (~+6) and +4, +4 (~+8), but definitely need tripod because the DOF is too shallow.

Hi, I'm new here and I'm new to photography too. I'm a proud owner of a S5000 but don't really know how to make a good shot yet..hee... I'm still figuring out and hope all the masters here can give me some tips.

:dunno: one more thing abt my standard. my night shoot is terrible. someone please give me some tips please. :(

kop said:
:dunno: one more thing abt my standard. my night shoot is terrible. someone please give me some tips please. :(

Night shots are not the S5000's forte. However, try to stick to ISO200 to reduce noise. The 2s is good, but can't bear with the amount of noise.

freezy1977 said:
Just want to find out how many ppl in this forum are using S5000.

Maybe we can discuss of the accessories, user opionions, or anything related to S5000?

I use S5K too, Count me in!

freezy1977 said:
Just want to find out how many ppl in this forum are using S5000.

Maybe we can discuss of the accessories, user opionions, or anything related to S5000?

Hi I got my Fuji S5000 on July 13th, 2004.

Fsmdude Web Page

Hmm well how about conduct a gathering for Fujifilm users?

freezy1977 said:
This is what I've gathered so far:

S5000 users
1) betterfeel
2) Brandon
3) kirayamato
4) pisces25
5) sooming
6) spraylord
7) Spyder_Web
8) freezy1977

still counting...

YES SIR!!!!! RECRUIT HERE, SIR!!!!!!! :cool:

sooming said:
I like to use the Hoya Close-Up +4. Easy to handle with sufficient DOF for accurate focusing. Have tried using +2, +4 (~+6) and +4, +4 (~+8), but definitely need tripod because the DOF is too shallow.

So how much does a close up filter would cost???
So u suggested that a +4 is sufficent???? :think:

depends on wat u taking?
i use a +10 filter to take very very small stuff, like things abt 5mm wide filling up almost the whole frame of the S5000. but then spherical abberation is bad.

I've got a question...the larger number of the filter means it can take more smaller things? never heard of +10 filter one leh..is the close up fliter expensive usually?

arhmm depends on wat brand u get lar.
anyways the diopter number is a number which indicated how much it will allow u to go closer than ur original closest focusing distance. so ya.. thats the rough idea.

So how do i see the diopter number..? Will it indicate the number on the lens?...

its not lens, arhmm its just a filter
anyways the number is the +10 or +4 or +2 that u see, got some formula to calculate, but its in one of those chinese books that i left somewhere

The focusing distance when using the Close-Up filters are :

Focusing distance = 1/Dioptre (in metre)

For eg...if a close-up +4 is used, the focusing distance is roughly 0.25m.

The Hoya close-up filters (esp. +4) is good enough for most macro work esp. flowers, butterflies, etc. Hoya does make a +10, but I reckon focusing is difficult as the DOF may be a little too shallow. I tried with 2x +4, and there's almost no way I can shoot handheld. It has to be mounted on a tripod. The Hoya's are cheap, about S$20 at most for 55mm thread.

For best quality, try Nikon 6T or Canon 250D macro lens. Very minimum distortion and aberation, but much more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.