S1/S2/S3 pics. thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lah, that volume will keep this thread alive for the next 1 yr!:bsmilie:

Hey, that website you posted for the optimal Aperture opening is good. I know about the light deflection, which limits S3 to f8, but its good to know about other sensor size too.:) :thumbsup:

Hey! Got to keep this thread alive.... :bsmilie:
Still have not finished processing my Bali stuff. Took 5.2 GB of pics & video in four days. :sweat:

Good lah, that volume will keep this thread alive for the next 1 yr!:bsmilie:
Videos take up alot of space. Also did a number of panos. Think the biggest so far is about 200MB after stitching, TIFF format.

Hey, that website you posted for the optimal Aperture opening is good. I know about the light deflection, which limits S3 to f8, but its good to know about other sensor size too.:) :thumbsup:
Yeah, its quite an interesting read. Gald to know you enjoyed it! :)

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

Some pictures taken last night...

#1 I would have prefered to have the bridge either lower or higher in the image. It is now running right thorough the middle of the photo. I like the star burst effect and the boat light trail.

#2 Should have framed it more to the left, so that you get more the the spiky roof. The patterns cast by the lights on the water is nice.

#4 Try to process away the cranes in the background. Or shoot from furhter away, zoom in.

#1 I would have prefered to have the bridge either lower or higher in the image. It is now running right thorough the middle of the photo. I like the star burst effect and the boat light trail.

#2 Should have framed it more to the left, so that you get more the the spiky roof. The patterns cast by the lights on the water is nice.

#4 Try to process away the cranes in the background. Or shoot from furhter away, zoom in.

Thanks for the comments.

folks, most of my nite shots came out pretty blur if not a dark image
i need turn on the flash....but the effect is still the same

any explanation for this?

1. ur flash is unable to shoot far enough.

2. ur shutter speed is too fast to absrob the light.

explanation not very sure, hope someone could do a confirmation with my hypothesis.

1. ur flash is unable to shoot far enough.

2. ur shutter speed is too fast to absrob the light.

explanation not very sure, hope someone could do a confirmation with my hypothesis.

Like GeckoZ said, your shutter speed might be too low, hence the dark image. The flash will not be strong enough to light up a large area. Also, are you using a tripod? If you are not, this might cause the blur.

Like GeckoZ said, your shutter speed might be too low, hence the dark image. The flash will not be strong enough to light up a large area. Also, are you using a tripod? If you are not, this might cause the blur.
txs for all the advice, but how do i go abt increasing the shutter speed?

txs for all the advice, but how do i go abt increasing the shutter speed?
Are you shooting in night mode? That might help. I have never actually used night mode in any camera though. :) What I normally do is switch over to full manual, then fire off a test shot at what I think is the right setting. Then just adjust accordingly. I normally leave my ISO to the lowest setting, really do not like noise.

Are you shooting in night mode? That might help. I have never actually used night mode in any camera though. :) What I normally do is switch over to full manual, then fire off a test shot at what I think is the right setting. Then just adjust accordingly. I normally leave my ISO to the lowest setting, really do not like noise.
meaning to say low ISO is more suitable for night shoot?

meaning to say low ISO is more suitable for night shoot?

not exactly.. cerebus uses low ISO to avoid noise.. but at the same thing, low ISO = low light sensitivity = dark photos if not exposed long enough.

perhaps u should do some basics online research for photography..

Status
Not open for further replies.