S$ = Brunei$, keep this in mind !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorty

Dec 6, 2002
Lintas
Visit site
Haiya..... I am very frustrated now. I have only Brunei dollar to purchase camera equipment from CS member.

Yet the guy told me he doesn't feel safe with brunei dollar! Come on, Sing dollar is equavalent to Brunei dollar and the person doesn't know this.

I even told him in advance so he can double check and feel calm for the transaction. Guess what, he immediately told me no more deal, wah lieu..... so "kia shit". Some more Uni student leh....

Now I have no more time to get my needs as I am flying off this thu morning for backpacking. So pissed off!

me?

The deal is still on! Don't worry. :) i have never said that the deal is off when its on brunei currency. Cool it brother.

I was just worried that the seller of my F80 does not want the currency.

Im sorry if any misunderstanding is caused.

I truly want to deal with you.

Orhz. Haha..thought u scolding me. Relax, what is it that u intended to buy?

Oh..i also worried my f80 seller don't want the currency. I think is because we are not familiar with brunei currency, so if its a imitate, we may not even know it..

Relax :) I am just using a illustration to show the fear.

Oh that's the new currency note. Mine are still abit old.

The notes like Sing dollar feeling, i mean all the currency notes same texture.

shorty, the brunei notes got $400 face value? :)
Or u paying me 4 $100?

I dun mind saying that I am the one who do not accept Ur currency.....

I know its the same value as the Sing currency.... but its not widely accepted here...... And I dun wish to have the trouble of going around trying to convince people to accept the currency U gave me.... Coz its not the normal currency that is used in our daily transaction..... And I dun blame them if they dun wish to accept .... Somemore its not say a small amount of $1 or $10.....

Everyone wish to have a smooth and easy transaction.... Dun think I wish to have the trouble of having to "change" the currency or trying to ask people to accept the Brunei notes.....

And the supposed deal is tomorrow morning.... U are only telling me this situation now.... So dun blame me if U got no time to get another card offer.....

Just as U have the right to reject my card if its not to Ur liking or standard... so do I....

And I am not comfortable with Ur 1st post..... So wat if I am from Uni?
Does that mean I must accept Ur offer to prove I not kiasee?
So if someone tells me the ringgit is 2.2 times Sing dollar and he wants to pay me in ringgit... I am to accept??

And I asked if U could buy something small with Ur Brunei note so as to get change to pay me.....
All U could do is to buy maybe a cup of coffee and can get enuff change to pay me.....

If U are not willing to go through the trouble to do that.... you expect me to accept Ur note willingly?

dear xin,

Yes, I was really really pissed off for what had happened. The fact that I said it because we (foreigners) had the confirmation from Singapore tourism board that brunei dollar is usuable here as well on the first time I came years back.

Sorry for the statement I made implicitly on you since you wanna review it was you who invloved with me. If you dun mind, then let me have the stuff first and I will pay you when I am back to Singapore for school opens.

Well, it's still up to you and I hope you would accept my apologize.
I am very sorry pal.

regards, Khu

Yep, i do understand that Khu is a foreign student, and that was the promise. But then, people are people, still feel insecure. :)

To Khu,xin: Really wish the matter will cool down. :) The matter was really really sensitive, i really think that there is no right, no wrong in this case. :)

Hi guys,

I ampathize with Khu for the frustrations he has gone through. Having only Bruneirian currency and not being able to close the sales with Xin but I am sure Xin's reasoning is more than acceptable.

Would it not be possible if Khu just go to the money changer to get the currencies changed? Or like what Xin suggested, buy a cup of coffee? I don't see that as a real problem at all. Is there?

If I were in Xin's shoes, I may still close the deal but that would be after much doubt and hesitation. Business is risk. But intelligent businessman practice calculated risk. Khu, if Xin has doubts on taking the currencies from you, it is because there is a certain degree of doubts and wariness about the currencies which he is not familiar with. Pardon me for being blunt but does Xin truly know you and have full faith and trust in you?

Xin being a Uni student, I would say he is not at all stupid but clever. Who wants a transaction that leaves you in doubt? Like what he said, that amount of money is not small.

Regards,
Andy Ho
http://andyho.clubsnap.org/gallery/

Hi there friends,

I was way too hot and the harsh words used were really terrible.

I did went to NTU minimart to buy milk and cereals, paid with 50 Brunei dollar. The cashier looked at me, and then asked somebody working there longer. Yes the money was accepted but she wanted to jot down my matric card number and contact number.

One professor beside me hint me with a smile... The situation was funny and embarassed. I said: a uni students to mean that many ways to check my statement that brunei dollar is equavalent to Sing dollar and usable in general big shoppings.

I didn think of going all the way out from NTU to exchange it since we had been told usable. Plus I am preparing for my last papers tomorrow morning. And then will clean up my stuffs and checked out from the room, so I didn't plan any forex so.

Yes, to be smart or what is something instinct. But, sometimes the calculated risk taking attitude is something one should have. I mean that's my personal opinion.

I am really sorry to xin for the things that gone through us.

Regards, khu

Yep shorty.
As you make out from your experience, despite assurance that Brunei currency could be used, people still took it rather suspectedly.

as for the risk taking attitude, yep, we should have it. The very fact that you bought the camera from me is a symbol of the attitude.

But then, Of course, all of us wanna reduce the risk to minimum or even zero. Thats why we check thoroughly before any purchase (of course, i will check the cam with you thoroughly tml lah! ;p)

Nice to see you realising your harsh comments. :)

Anyway, good luck for your examinations tomorrow!

are both xin and shorty ntu students?

why dont shorty deposit the brunei dollar into the ocbc in ntu and withdraw in S$ and pay xin or

shorty pays xin in brunei dollar and xin deposits the money into the bank.

shoudnt this solve the problem?

Frankly, I'm quite surprised that some people still view brunei currency with suspicion. I thought it is widely known that Brunei pegs its currency to the sing dollar.

I never had trouble paying pple in brunei dollar, even at those "mama" shops or provision stores.

Hence, I can understand shorty's frustration. Perhaps he could have brought Xin to the OCBC bank in NTU to verify to reassure him.

Yupe, we are both NTU students. Anyway, my room mate is helping me try to exchange the money. I am cooled, but i hope xin can cool down too.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.