S$10 Photoshop Wannabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, what can PS Element do? I can't seems to find a trial one to test it out. I remembered using it at a friend's computer. It seems limited. Too limited. But think thats a pretty old one.

Can I do curves, level, auto level, colour, contrast? Is there Layers, Channel, Paths, Colour Balance.

How close is it to PS?
You can download the trial from adobe website.
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/

There are layers but no channels, no paths, no curves. Colour balance, Levels, Shadows/Highlights, Auto levels, Auto colour, healing brush, spot healing brush, clone tool are all available.

Here's a comparison.
http://www.adobe.com/digitalimag/ps_pse_comparison.html?tab:depth=1

I tried PSE4 and I don't like it.. too slow and don't have the features I want. PSE5 is finally what I could accept, especially at the OEM price. It has what I need and I don't pay more for what I don't really require. Otherwise I would have still be using GIMP which is free, but workflow for GIMP is slightly slower and the JPEG compression isn't as good. The windows for GIMP is also messy.

swee swee
does this version qualify for price reduction should u choose to upgrade to CS3?
I would like to know too.. But I don't think Elements qualify as a basis for upgrade to CS3, what more do you expect of an OEM version. :dunno: Any Adobe sales people here?

I did try to use gimp, but its too different for me, the interface and everything. But maybe because I've been using Photoshop for more than 10 years liao. This software is closer to the old PS. So I am more familiar with its interface and tools.

There is a plugin for GIMP that makes it appear almost identical to Photoshop.
just install that to your GIMP and you get a photoshop lookalike (and perform almost alike too)

There is a plugin for GIMP that makes it appear almost identical to Photoshop.
just install that to your GIMP and you get a photoshop lookalike (and perform almost alike too)
Is there a link to it? I only know of GIMPshop which is not as updated.

Download the trial and Tested PS elements 5.0 for a few day already. Pretty impressed. :thumbsup: Can consider, where to get OEM one? But my fav functions (history, action, path, mask) is not there :(

Get Lightroom, I find it more powerful in terms of management and editing compared to Elements...

Download the trial and Tested PS elements 5.0 for a few day already. Pretty impressed. :thumbsup: Can consider, where to get OEM one? But my fav functions (history, action, path, mask) is not there :(

Confirm got history. I think mask can be achieved with layers. Hmm... action... need to check.. Confirm no path.

Challenger at IMM. $49 member price. Few copies left.

(pardon the lousy image.. shot with N70..)
IMMPSE5.jpg

Confirm got history. I think mask can be achieved with layers. Hmm... action... need to check.. Confirm no path.

Challenger at IMM. $49 member price. Few copies left.

(pardon the lousy image.. shot with N70..)
IMMPSE5.jpg

got any member can get for me? I not member leh...

Wah lao, didn't know CS is so cold one ah, ask for help only, no body help....

:bsmilie:

anyway, i waited very long and i'm surprised why nobody come in and slam that all the other software don't have colour management.

I not member but I know u can get photoshop elements 4.0 at $13 at olympus service center.

nevermind lor. me gonna buy the box version since $79 and $109 so minor difference as compared to $49 and $109. just take it as pay for the manual. almost the same.

elements is the easiest software to use. if you're lazy to edit, there's a function that "auto fixes everything , from brightness to colour"

lesser things in the elements. its meant to be that way to cut cost, and also be very basic.

ive got elements 2.0 and when im lazy, i just use the elements to auto fix my pics rather than i do it slowly

nevermind lor. me gonna buy the box version since $79 and $109 so minor difference as compared to $49 and $109. just take it as pay for the manual. almost the same.
$30 diff leh.. paiseh.. i also not member.. ;p

Yes Windows XP. Patches are available at the adobe website for Windows Vista. Mac version is available only upto Elements 4.0

By the way, if anyone wants to buy the elements 5.0 from Challenger @ the members' price, you can let me know. We may be able to find a time slot to hit one of the challenger shops, together...

I bought mine, yesterday.. :cool:

Cheers
Mathew.

Status
Not open for further replies.