S$10 Photoshop Wannabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
Just wanna share a software I found at the IT show. "Cosmi PhotoPaint", very close to Adobe Photoshop, only few missing function, like mask, channel, path saving but I think good enough for minor photo editing and comping. Good enough for me to edit wedding photos too, most of the basic photoshop stuff that I'll do is there liao.

Best thing is its only $10.

hmmm about downloading GIMP for free, I have never used it b4 on windows, the linux version looks decent.

http://www.gimp.org/

hmmm about downloading GIMP for free, I have never used it b4 on windows, the linux version looks decent.

http://www.gimp.org/

I did try to use gimp, but its too different for me, the interface and everything. But maybe because I've been using Photoshop for more than 10 years liao. This software is closer to the old PS. So I am more familiar with its interface and tools.

I haven't read the manual but I am already using it to convert IR pix, crop, clone etc. I think its pretty cheap and good!:thumbsup:

I did try to use gimp, but its too different for me, the interface and everything. But maybe because I've been using Photoshop for more than 10 years liao. This software is closer to the old PS. So I am more familiar with its interface and tools.

I haven't read the manual but I am already using it to convert IR pix, crop, clone etc. I think its pretty cheap and good!:thumbsup:
Why not buy an OEM copy of PSE 5.0 for about $50?

made from where 1?

think they need to sell few million copies to recoup their cost from the exhibition and developing cost... unless... hmmm...

made from where 1?

think they need to sell few million copies to recoup their cost from the exhibition and developing cost... unless... hmmm...

Cosmi Europe Ltd, its a 2004 edition, I guess thats why its so cheap.

Tried GIMPshop?

where to buy this software ("Cosmi PhotoPaint") after the IT Show?

got curves or not?

got curves or not?

got....think I need to collect comission from them liao:bsmilie:

What's missing is the saving path function, history function, channel & mask function(thats all I've found so far). It feels like PS4. Oh, the path function is not very useful, very clumsy and the brush size can only go until 30 only.

Would like to find out GIMPshop leh, anyone using it?

I've tried GIMP, GIMPshop, and Paint.NET

GIMPshop is basically very unstable. and Paint.NET is ultra slow on my computer.

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: where????? mai tu liao!!
Challenger @ IMM (dunno about other branches), I think they still have quite a number of copies left at the payment counter. $49 is member price. UP is $79.

Actually, what can PS Element do? I can't seems to find a trial one to test it out. I remembered using it at a friend's computer. It seems limited. Too limited. But think thats a pretty old one.

Can I do curves, level, auto level, colour, contrast? Is there Layers, Channel, Paths, Colour Balance.

How close is it to PS?

Status
Not open for further replies.