Runaway Bride: Strobist Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something doesn't look right with #3-5.

Looks like you missed the focus on #3.

thanks,will take care next time:cool:

Sorry bro. I like the photography but why does she need to wear a wig? Or is that her real hair!:bigeyes: If it's real hair her hairstylist needs to be guided more.

Also she looks a bit too young - like a teenage bride. IMO not quite the right choice of model/talent/stylist & make-up artist.

I like your lighting.

Concept is Runaway Bride - as in she ran away from her wedding left the groom at the alter? The pictures unfortunately don't tell that story. They are well lit and shot but concept wise just not there.:bheart:

Please dont take offence - you've got more talent then most in photography (including myself) but I do have a reasonably good eye. Take a step back relook at the theme/concept and look at the photos and you'll see what i mean hopefully. But not to worry too much - you'll just need a good art director and he/she will take care of it.

thanks,sure no worry,never take as offence:cool:

whats with the toilet stuff........its totally a turn off and the theme does not blend in at all

its not from a theme bro, just saw and just shoot for fun as i stated, thanks for ur time:cool:

with the amount of lights involved.. I think a much better output could have been done, but good job nonetheless. =)

Hi bro!!! Leonard here. I think u did a wonderful job n u give me d confidence w d no of lights I have now that hopefully can do d job. As u knw I hav only one 560!!!! N 2 460ii enuf power meh? I think u n David did a great job n u r so kind to post online for ppl to share yr nice work... As for d remarks Frm sm of the members here... I look forward to see how good they direct n set up themselves.. Keep up ur gd works!!!

Sorry bro. I like the photography but why does she need to wear a wig? Or is that her real hair!:bigeyes: If it's real hair her hairstylist needs to be guided more.

Also she looks a bit too young - like a teenage bride. IMO not quite the right choice of model/talent/stylist & make-up artist.

I like your lighting.

Concept is Runaway Bride - as in she ran away from her wedding left the groom at the alter? The pictures unfortunately don't tell that story. They are well lit and shot but concept wise just not there.:bheart:

Please dont take offence - you've got more talent then most in photography (including myself) but I do have a reasonably good eye. Take a step back relook at the theme/concept and look at the photos and you'll see what i mean hopefully. But not to worry too much - you'll just need a good art director and he/she will take care of it.

Totally agree that it is a wrong choice of model. Her hair is terrible. The organizer need to pay more attention to the model styling.

Sorry, this whole series does not work.

Run where? Running from what?

Wearing a white dress does not equate a bride.

What was you exact plan for the shoot? Execute that. Now it looks like you had no idea what to shoot, got some pictures, and then throw them together with a title.

Totally agree that it is a wrong choice of model. Her hair is terrible. The organizer need to pay more attention to the model styling.
thanks for ur suggestion:)

Sorry, this whole series does not work.

Run where? Running from what?

Wearing a white dress does not equate a bride.

What was you exact plan for the shoot? Execute that. Now it looks like you had no idea what to shoot, got some pictures, and then throw them together with a title.

"just share, shoot for fun" thanks:)

Hi bro!!! Leonard here. I think u did a wonderful job n u give me d confidence w d no of lights I have now that hopefully can do d job. As u knw I hav only one 560!!!! N 2 460ii enuf power meh? I think u n David did a great job n u r so kind to post online for ppl to share yr nice work... As for d remarks Frm sm of the members here... I look forward to see how good they direct n set up themselves.. Keep up ur gd works!!!

Thanks,enough,just relax and shoot. :)

I might be old fashioned, I thought wedding is supposed to be a happy event? Only see the model smile in the toilet photos.

whats with the toilet stuff........its totally a turn off and the theme does not blend in at all

Maybe run away to take a dump :bsmilie:

I might be old fashioned, I thought wedding is supposed to be a happy event? Only see the model smile in the toilet photos.

Haha. Smile cos can finally take a dump:bsmilie:

To TS : Hope the comment did not offend you in anyways.....What's commented were genuine feedbacks base on what you have written in the title..

cheers

To TS : Hope the comment did not offend you in anyways.....What's commented were genuine feedbacks base on what you have written in the title..

cheers

Bro,I am glad to read those comments,its a kind of reflection

Reading a poem and watching a Natgeo program could not be the same.

cheers:)

u dont like my hair???!
n no its not a wig!

Frankly speaking.. Your speedlights settings for daylight doesn't really work. The golden "glow" somewhat did not match with the ambient light. All I can see is that the big softbox reflection right in the model eyes. Enough of the model comments ... Able to show us the photos from remaining photographers?

Frankly speaking.. Your speedlights settings for daylight doesn't really work. The golden "glow" somewhat did not match with the ambient light. All I can see is that the big softbox reflection right in the model eyes. Enough of the model comments ... Able to show us the photos from remaining photographers?

Thanks
i am not sure for them but myself sure that i can not show their photos :)

Not work for me ...
Now i know not a expensive camera or expensive lens do the work...
its a person behind the camera.....

the model look weird holding the guitar!:sweat:

:)

Mike, you steady :) took all constructive comments in your stride...

if i may just share what i feel when i view these images...

a) very often, we choose a very familiar background theme; ie. greeneries. we have lots and lots of them all around us in singapore. when familiarity sets in, contempt follows and the focused subject sometimes gets "degraded" consequently.
do you sometimes not feel shiok looking at snow shots, desert shots, whales mating, etc? i know i do bcos i don't see these often, lesser in real life.
i feel, at times, the choice of background is as important as the focused subject matter.
after all, our brain has the ability to unconsciously "switch off" when viewing familiar stuff (eg, do you really scrutinize those lift buttons once inside a lift?)
what we are unfamiliar with, we tend to look more, and i think this is one way of creating more interesting overall pictures; ie, by giving as much consideration to the background as to the photographed subject (by having no background is a type of "bacground" by itself too)

b) however, i like the intentional red scarf, without which would have made the model plainer standing by the sea shore. the colour contrast saved those couple of shots

in any case, i'm offering you my thoughts as i view these pictures and i'm certainly not qualified in commenting on your photog skills and techniques.

hope this is useful for you.

good cheers :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.