Rumoured K-R replacement

pscion12

Jan 28, 2004
Happen to come across this while surfing around. It wouldn't be far-off from Pentax's usual strategy -so to me it looks legit.

I don't know why they're complaining, the entry-level camera for Pentax has always been fun.

Pentax K-r successor? | Photo Rumors

so will be K-c or K-z??? haha if real, then really too toy already...

KY ky KY ky Ky....

The thing is, they have to differentiate themselves from the other brands, otherwise whats the diff between Nikon, Canon, Sony, etc. Featurewise they are pretty much on par (within the same category - of course).

For something more professional looking, the k-5 replacement with the standard black (or silver)?

That said, I would really like to customise one for myself.

Aiyo... The pic is obviously KZ... Most likely I believe it will have K5 sensor... Unless new sensor usage which will mean K5 upgrade soon too! Yay!

Sooner or later Pentax will definitely build a FF due to the increase in FF bodies which I believe will lower the price of producing FF bodies and also the prices and therefore will lead to the APSC being a "common" camera and the FF being a more "pro" as what current APSC are now.. Way of the world and technology.. But before that, I think lenses are more important! :D

*LBA kicks in* Hee!!

you better go read up on someone's posting on FF with DA lens although is same K-mount so if wanna get FF may have to see pentax vomit somemore FA lens or else we gotta buy sigma 24-70 already hahaha. But for those who got tamron 28-75 will be save

With all those retro camera these days, maybe they will put the anniversary model into production as the new Kr/k5 replacement?

9_1.jpg

Actually that looks better than the new Oly EM-5. I'm not too sure why people like it so much, it is a pale comparison to OM1 and OM2 (two of my top 10 favourites).

Instead of the sloping shoulders, a K5 + spotmatic hybrid look, I think will work nicely.