Rubber for tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidbyte

Recently i realised i lost one of the rubber fittings(right at the bottom) from one of the tripod legs.If i take the other 2 off, i worried it might some sensitive surfaces. Does anyone know where i can get replacement or any suggestions on what i should do ?

which tripod u using?
if you wanna buy rubber stuff, there is a shop around towner, call garlin. have all sorts of rubber & silicon stuff available. but i am not sure if they have those stoppers.

What brand is the tripod?

If it is gitzo or manfrotto, Cathay can do a replacement for you.

Give them a call.

i too lost one of those confounded things from my tripod.

But a little shearching at a good D.I.Y. shop manage to find some rubber feet which were same dia. as my tripod legs. A bit of tape to make the fit a bit tighter, and hey presto, good as new. Feet cost about $1.00 to $1.20 for a set of 4, depending on size.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
which tripod u using?
if you wanna buy rubber stuff, there is a shop around towner, call garlin. have all sorts of rubber & silicon stuff available. but i am not sure if they have those stoppers.

Pardon me..but is that near Boon Keng MRT ? or how do i get there ? Did u see any of those fittings there for a camera tripod ?

acidbyte said:
D.I.Y shops sell them ? Hmmm...Any recommended one ? U mean the ones they use for table legs ?

yes, you can try Vin Mart or Selfix, any of those D.I.Y. one usually finds in shopping arcades. I bought some from the nighborhood D.I.Y. but the quality of the feet were not as good as those found in the bigger shops.

Cathay Photo sells the original stuff, was quoted $7-$8 for a set for my Pro 500Dx, but they were out of stock.

tripod_rubber.jpg

i am lookin for the rubber ( the black one ) as i lost one of them. Any ideas for a replacement ?

hmmm... i see you have a bit of a problem there. your tripod legs aren't round.

maybe you can try searching cash converters for a cheap 2nd hand tripod with similar feet as yours. or buy a new tripod altogether. (quite sturdy and good ones can be had for $50 -$100, worth the investment i reckon.)

Status
Not open for further replies.